Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League / Football League attempts to finish the season

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Two Fulham players have tested positive for coronavirus...

Obvious tactic to try and screw up Leeds' promotion

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Had they been back to full contact training though that could wipe out half your squad..

...and had they not been in training and been tested they wouldn't know they have it and be spreading it around anyone else they come into contact with as they wouldn't be isolating.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I saw Troy Deeney said he will probably be back at training next week. Seems pretty likely 100% of players will partake in the re-start come June 19.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Save you a click:

Wed June 17: Aston Villa v Sheffield United, Manchester City v Arsenal, so all teams on 29 games played

Then next round of games would be staggered over weekend of June 19/20/21.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Reports:

Wed June 17: Aston Villa v Sheffield United, Manchester City v Arsenal, so all teams on 29 games played

Then next round of games would be staggered over weekend of June 19/20/21.

That's slightly annoying - Arsenal will have a chance to get up to speed before playing us (assuming the matches are played in the same order as the original fixture list).

Yoda

English & European
3 out of 1,000 tests. Two at the same club, again. It's safe to resume, so get back to it, fellas.

Now apply that same logic and numbers to the UK population. That would equate to 198,000 new cases. Still think it's safe?

Edited to add: I've seen the same logic said about the Premier League testing. Saying that only 0.43% of test have come back positive since they started. In the same week, that would equate to 283,800 people testing positive nationally.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Now apply that same logic and numbers to the UK population. That would equate to 198,000 new cases. Still think it's safe?

Edited to add: I've seen the same logic said about the Premier League testing. Saying that only 0.43% of test have come back positive since they started. In the same week, that would equate to 283,800 people testing positive nationally.

Current projection for UK total cases is around 14k infections nationally, down to 4k by 20 June

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom

The Prem, and Gov, and all their health experts, are looking at 20 June when there will have been 3 more weeks testing and isolation of positive cases for all clubs. This all went very smoothly as a build-up to re-start in Germany and their fixtures are running fine. It seems very likely the Prem build up / re-start will play out in a similar fashion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here