Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League & Championship tables next year?

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
1. chelsea
2. liverpool
3. man utd
4. man city
5. arsenal
6. tottenham
7. everton
8. a.villa
9. west brom
10. fulham
11. newcastle
12. stoke
13. bolton
14. sunderland
15. wolves
16. qpr
17. norwich
18. swansea
19. wigan
20. blackburn

‎1.lecister
2.reading
3.leeds
4.westham
5.cardiff
6.brighton:clap:
7.nottingham forest
8.birmingham
9.blackpool
10.southampton
11.millwall
12.watford
13.ipswich
14.hull
15.burnley
16.middlesborough
17.peterborough
18.bristol city
19.derby
20.portsmouth
21.barnsley
22.coventry
23.doncaster
24.crystal palace

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Man City
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Tottenham

Hard to look beyond the usual top 6. Feel Chelsea & City will spend big. A lot depends on how Utd/Arsenal strengthen. Liverpool with an ok start will make CL.

7. Aston villa
8. Fulham
9. Everton
10. Newcastle
11. Sunderland
12. QPR
13. Stoke
14. Swansea

Mid table beckons for the usual suspects, and I suspect QPR (money to burn) and Swansea (best football) will be ok. Newcastle will get off to a flier having spunked their £35m about and then fade into mediocrity. Geordies will continue to live in a fantasy land where they are the 3rd biggest club in the land. Pardew gone by February.

15. Bolton
16. Norwich
17. Blackburn
18. Wolves
19. West Brom
20. Wigan

Think Norwich will have enough and Bolton/Blackpool will scrap it out. Can see Rodallega leaving Wigan in Jan after N'Zogbia's inevitable departure this summer. Baggies will boing boing down (again). Wolves never seem anything other than fragile, although McCarthy will continue to be good value on MOTD.

‎1. Leeds
2. West Ham
3. Reading
4. Leicester
5. Birmingham
6. Notts Forest
7. Middlesborough
8. Hull

West Ham have the infrastructure - Leeds & Leicester the money - Reading & Forest the momentum. Birmingham are a bit broke as I understand it but fancy them to nip it from Boro & Hull with the parachute payments.

9. Blackpool
10. Millwall
11. Southampton
12. Burnley
13. Brighton
14. Ipswich
15. Portsmouth
16. Cardiff

Blackpool, Millwall & Southampton are the next best placed as money-spenders or with a good squad base. Ourselves to cruise to mid-table obscurity, well-placed for a top 8 push next season, after a bit of a cup run. Pompey will go into administration. Again. Come out of it having mugged off some more charities. Again. Re-employ Sulley Muntari on 70k p/w. Again. And recover from the points deduction to finish mid-table. Again. Cardiff to freefall as their wage bill gets cut to keep in check with the new regulations.

17. Pikey Nigel Judas Scum XI
18. Bristol City
19. Coventry
20. Derby
21. Watford
22. Peterborough
23. Barnsley
24. Doncaster

Can see Watford struggling after the firesale, can't look beyond Peterborough without their keeper and star strikers, or the frankly shoddy Barnsley/Donny to go down. Palace, rather tediously, after flirting outrageously with relegation after star striker Glenn Murray's horror elbow dislocation, pelvis fracture and perforated colon in the game against Brighton, will stay up with 7 or 8 games to go, improving once more on the last two seasons.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I can see Arsenal having a V bad season if they don't get some great players in. Fabregas and Nasri will be off. Top 3 will be a dogfight between Chelsea, ManU , ManC. Tottenham& Liverpool in 4/5th.

Brighton will win the Championship easily, with 16 points to spare again ;) c'mon, where's the faith :D

West Ham may struggle, will have to sell some players and not have *that* much money to spend on new ones.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
1. chelsea
2. liverpool
3. man utd
4. man city
5. arsenal
6. tottenham
7. everton
8. a.villa
9. west brom
10. fulham
11. newcastle
12. stoke
13. bolton
14. sunderland
15. wolves
16. qpr
17. norwich
18. swansea
19. wigan
20. blackburn

‎1.lecister
2.reading
3.leeds
4.westham
5.cardiff
6.brighton:clap:
7.nottingham forest
8.birmingham
9.blackpool
10.southampton
11.millwall
12.watford
13.ipswich
14.hull
15.burnley
16.middlesborough
17.peterborough
18.bristol city
19.derby
20.portsmouth
21.barnsley
22.coventry
23.doncaster
24.crystal palace

liking you're 24th place Palace prediction.......... If Carlsberg made fixture lists they'd have us play Palace in late April, with our victory mathmatically sending them down.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
1.Leeds
2. West Ham
3. Reading
4. Leicester
5. Birmingham
6. Notts Forest
7. Middlesborough
8. Hull

West Ham have the infrastructure - Leeds & Leicester the money - Reading & Forest the momentum. Birmingham are a bit broke as I understand it but fancy them to nip it from Boro & Hull with the parachute payments.QUOTE]

I thought Leeds were skint?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'd be happy with 12th place for us. Genuinely happy... although I always hope for more.

As for the Premier League, Wolves will stay up, and comfortably this time. After years of careful financial management leaving them entirely debt-free, they are about to spend big.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'd be happy with 12th place for us. Genuinely happy... although I always hope for more.

As for the Premier League, Wolves will stay up, and comfortably this time. After years of careful financial management leaving them entirely debt-free, they are about to spend big.

i agree at this moment in time. Wolves have bagged o'hara for 5 million. now that he knows hes part of the team proper he'll be a massive addition.
3 of - norwich, QPR, wigan, blackburn, swans and newcastle (unless they spend) for the drop. however we all know how unpredictable footy is. wouldnt suprise me if west brom went down and they were brilliant last year.

as for the championship i cant see past mid table for Brighton and thats being optimistic. there are a lot of good teams this year which makes it virtually impossible to predict a game let alone league positions. that said Brighton could be the suprise package... or a big flop...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Difficult to say about the prem until more of the xfers have been sorted - at this minute, I would say Chelsea don't stand a chance of winning it. United are already stronger than last term, and you can bet your life City will be too and I expect L'pool to be too. Remains to be seen what Chelsea and the Arse do in the markets. Chelsea will need to spend big to be in with a should.

As for the Championship, there's a lot of big clubs in there, it's going to be a lot,lot tougher than League one was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here