Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 8-10th November

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That is a horrendous decision once again. An inch offside according to their stupid lines, in an earlier phase of play - and it doesn't even look correct

Just implement Linesman's call - its so simple. If the Linesman keeps his flag down, and the attackers and defenders bodies overlap, you play on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a 1 mm call. :nono:

1-0 Spurs.

Although not a bad thing, good for Utd to get a reality check.
Knock a bit of wind out of their sails.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What an absolutely shocking decision from VAR. Offside because his toes are offside? Get a ****ing grip..

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
That is a horrendous decision once again. An inch offside according to their stupid lines, in an earlier phase of play - and it doesn't even look correct

Just implement Linesman's call - its so simple.

Either do away with VAR or get rid of offside.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The law is that the player is onside if he is level with the last man. Level should cover every scenario where the players bodies are overlapping.

Exactly, in fact I’d say go for more level than not, then give the advantage to the attacker.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Either do away with VAR or get rid of offside.

I have no issue with the concept of VAR, but the execution of it is just abysmal. There HAS to be a margin or error.

My thought is to have a line where the last defender is, but have a 30cm line either side where the decision the official makes, stays. A bit like cricket.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Something drastic’s got to be done about VAR, it really is ruining our game.

Either scrap it all together or just use it for mistaken identity and off the ball or really damgerous challenges the referee misses. It’s a laughing stock at the moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure that proves he was off side, looks very dodgy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yep Spurs defenders knee looks further over the line than the United players foot. Fecking pathetic that there was even a discussion about it anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here