Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 8-10th November

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Sheffield United are great. They're the type of prem team I always used to support when we were in the football league, but now find ourselves rooting against as rivals. But really, the way they played was so impressive. pressing all over the park, playing a lot of long balls, and then getting on the the scraps and pushing people forward. Huge energy, they were knackered for the last ten but deserved that.

As for Spurs, that was exactly the same team that came to the Amex. Dreadful.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I ignore them as I don’t class them as a “Football” team.

I don't care what you (or anybody else) class them as, it's still shit if they are above us (and, splendidly, they aren't at the moment - and unless we get a Southampton style tonking at OT tomorrow they'll be below us at least through the upcoming international break).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Every game they are like this !!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Their top flight/CL high water mark in 57 years was somehow knocking out Ajax in the CL semi final.

It’s incredible how far they’ve fallen in just 7 months. There’s been no exodus in players and they spent £105m this summer, as well as taking Lo Celso on loan (valued at £55m per the option).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So far this weekend:-

Norwich.
Watford.
palace.
Southampton.
West Ham
&
Spurs.

Would suggest no, no it isn't.

Am I wrong to look at it as an Albion fan when I say this then???

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I get your point.

It depends with subs. If a team gets on with it, little is added on.

When have you seen a game with less than 3 mins at the end? That means they gave 1 min + 5 mins for VAR, that never happens.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sheffield United are great. They're the type of prem team I always used to support when we were in the football league, but now find ourselves rooting against as rivals. But really, the way they played was so impressive. pressing all over the park, playing a lot of long balls, and then getting on the the scraps and pushing people forward. Huge energy, they were knackered for the last ten but deserved that.

As for Spurs, that was exactly the same team that came to the Amex. Dreadful.

As any team that has Sanchez and Dier as their CB would be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I wrong to look at it as an Albion fan when I say this then???
It's great for us, esp as 6 months ago we were well and truly on the 'stinky' list. (With no guarantee of not returning)

I think it's tough to call this league 'exciting' when half of the teams left really struggle to string 2 passes together.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Leicester 2/1 to win at home. Double your money, or bookies win again?

Arsenal 4/1. You wouldn’t have got those odds for decades in this fixture.

Leicester are evens, give or take.

Arsenal are 3/1.

(I think you're forgetting to subtract 1 from decimal odds to get a fractional equivalent)

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Well if they moaned about Big Sam’s style of football....I doubt he’ll get it

Can't argue with that, the last six months were rubbish but he did keep us up and we reached the FA Cup semi-final. Local born and ex-player.Just saying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, not 30cm either side. If the official thinks it's offside, but replay shows it's onside (no matter how close) then the goal should stand. And indeed that is like cricket - lbw isn't either side in cricket. If the ball is missing the wicket, then it's not out, no matter how close.
Except that’s not how it works in Cricket at all...
Yes it is. I will explain.

If 1mm of the ball is hitting the stumps, the decision stays with the umpire.
Correct.
We are human beings, it’s a human sport, there HAS to be a margin of error.
But if it's given out in cricket, lbw, and the review says it's missing by 1mm, then the on-field decision is overturned. No margin for error.

That's why I said it's not a margin either side, it's only a margin one way (ie, the ball has to be hitting by at least half the ball width in order to overturn a 'not out' decision. And to copy that with football, you wouldn't rule out a goal with VAR unless they were at least, say, 30cm offside, but you would give a goal if it was 1mm onside.

If you’re happy watching a sport that will over analyse everything to the nearest 0.000001mm, then good for you.
What? I didn't say anything about that. You suggested having a 30cm line either side where the decision the official makes, stays, like cricket, and I was just pointing out that's not how it is in cricket, and I think it would also be best if goals are given when they are onside (even when it's close).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They'd have lost without Sanchez. Some old school defending at times to keep them out.

their midfield though! They're all delightful little playmakers who just look lost when they don't have the ball. Cannot cope with teams harrying them and they have no-one prepared to mix it.

Dale is ours and going nowhere, as Burnley found out :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here