Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 8-10/4/22

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Did anyone see the pre match interview with Dych. He made a comment about ‘look at Brighton, 4 wins from the first 5 changes the perception’. I don’t mind him usually but felt like a proper dig insinuating we are in a false position. No reason at all for him to raise us in this interview. Hope they get pumped.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Did anyone see the pre match interview with Dych. He made a comment about ‘look at Brighton, 4 wins from the first 5 changes the perception’. I don’t mind him usually but felt like a proper dig insinuating we are in a false position. No reason at all for him to raise us in this interview. Hope they get pumped.

Already 1-0 down at Norwich

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

One win in their first 20 certainly insinuates that they are in a false position and should be rock bottom with zero chance of survival but appears that all points and games matters, including the first ones and the last ones..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But we've spent the last 3 months being told we were in a false position.

It's a fair comment.

We've spent 4 seasons unable to string enough wins together to get out of the bottom 6.
This season (unbelievably) we can't string enough loses together, to get into the bottom 6.
Partly due to the bottom 6's shitehousedness and partly due to the first 5 games.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I haven't seen the interview so can't say too much about his intentions or delivery but there is a grain of truth in what you've quoted.

If we'd started the season with the run that we've just ended - one point from seven games and only one goal scored while winning four out of five games in march our season would have been about survival and climbing up from the bottom rather than one of top ten team that had a slump in form. Where teams have good and bad patches can affect the narrative built around them regardless of where they finish.

But, like I said, I didn't see the interview so if he was having a dig at the Albion...**** him!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I haven't seen the interview so can't say too much about his intentions or delivery but there is a grain of truth in what you've quoted.

If we'd started the season with the run that we've just ended - one point from seven games and only one goal scored while winning four out of five games in march our season would have been about survival and climbing up from the bottom rather than one of top ten team that had a slump in form. Where teams have good and bad patches can affect the narrative built around them regardless of where they finish.

But, like I said, I didn't see the interview so if he was having a dig at the Albion...**** him!

True. And if Brighton would have won the last 14 the season would have been about the CL or even league title. But none of those two things happened.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
♪♫ Nice one, Lookman,
Nice one, son,
Nice one, Lookman,
Let's have another one! ♫♪

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
♪♫ Nice one, Dewsbury-Hall,
Nice one, son,
Nice one, Dewsbury-Hall,
Let's have another one! ♫♪

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
True. And if Brighton would have won the last 14 the season would have been about the CL or even league title. But none of those two things happened.

Yes. Not sure of your point in relation to mine which was:

Where teams have good and bad patches can affect the narrative built around them regardless of where they finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here