Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 7-10/5/21

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With the way most results have gone over the weekend, brace yourself for a Fulham win and a rather hysterical reaction from a few on NSC
There are a *magnificent 7* games now where we can get mathematical safety at any 1 of them.

1 - Fulham v Burnley

2 - Southampton v Fulham

3 - Albion v West Ham

4 - Man Utd v Fulham

5 - Albion v Man City

6 - Arsenal v Albion

7 - Fulham v Newcastle

As far as I am concerned the higher up this list that it happens the better.

If it goes beyond game 4 we'll be in deep trouble.

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There are a *magnificent 7* games now where we can get mathematical safety at any 1 of them.

1 - Fulham v Burnley

2 - Southampton v Fulham

3 - Albion v West Ham

4 - Man Utd v Fulham

5 - Albion v Man City

6 - Arsenal v Albion

7 - Fulham v Newcastle

As far as I am concerned the higher up this list that it happens the better.

If it goes beyond game 4 we'll be in deep trouble.

Ha yeh, if Fulham can keep it alive until game 4, they'll have to invent a new word, more extreme word to describe an internet meltdown. NSC will be quite the place to avoid!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Thing is I can see Fulham beating Burnley tonight.

A totally feasible result which will keep our nerves going. Hope I’m wrong.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I'm a bit conflicted about tonight's game. I dislike Burnley and really don't want to want them to win , and if they do they go above us but Fulham are relegated and we are safe. A draw or Fulham win would keep us above Burnley, but still not mathematically safe and we would need Fulham to drop points in another match, or us to gain another point (by no means certain given West Ham need points, City unlikely to give us anything and may need to win to get the title and Arsenal is anyone's guess!)

On the whole I am going to be wanting a Burnley win but its a very strange feeling to be wanting Fulham to win in my heart but my head says Burnley

PeakGull

Aug 30, 2017
Derbyshire
Couldn't agree more - this season has been exhausting enough without dragging it out any more. We just need Burnley to beat Fulham tonight then we can all have a relaxing Summer and get ready to go again in August.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm a bit conflicted about tonight's game. I dislike Burnley and really don't want to want them to win , and if they do they go above us but Fulham are relegated and we are safe. A draw or Fulham win would keep us above Burnley, but still not mathematically safe and we would need Fulham to drop points in another match, or us to gain another point (by no means certain given West Ham need points, City unlikely to give us anything and may need to win to get the title and Arsenal is anyone's guess!)

On the whole I am going to be wanting a Burnley win but its a very strange feeling to be wanting Fulham to win in my heart but my head says Burnley

A draw would do for me.......Fulham won't catch our GD even if they win their last 3 and we lose all 3 (would need to swing 16 in 3 games), and means we can still finish ahead of Burnley more easily

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Thing is I can see Fulham beating Burnley tonight.

Good. Then we'd still be above Burnley. Stop worrying about Fulham's results. A win against West Ham makes us safe. They've had a great season, but they've also lost three of their last four.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm having a ton on us, will pay for many, many STs to come.

dfg.JPG

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A Burnley win tonight Shirley

Allows us certainty and gives us 3 games to actively plan for next season with then introduction of Moises and Moder in CM and outings for our alternative forward line.

I’m sure Biss with be “resting” for an asset protection view point, good luck to him.

If White is also rested let the meltdown commence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Couldn't agree more - this season has been exhausting enough without dragging it out any more. We just need Burnley to beat Fulham tonight then we can all have a relaxing Summer and get ready to go again in August.

Indeed - fingers crossed.

For me, it's been exhausting for several reasons:

1. I'm a natural pessimist, and fear the worst!
2. Every game is televised, hence I've seen more Albion games than normal, and somehow on TV our opponents' attacks always seem more dangerous than in real life!
3. Virtually every one of our games this season has been close - probably only five games where the result hasn't been in doubt [the two Newcastle games, the Leeds game (final 10 mins), plus the Everton & Leicester away games]
4. The fact that nearly all games kick off at different times means we are subjected not just to 90 mins of angst watching BHA, but similarly for Fulham, West Brom, Burnley, Newcastle games. The whole weekend is one long agonising roller-coaster.

We've played the best football I can ever remember, but it's been a bl00dy nightmare most of the time!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Burnley to win this one and lose the rest.
Puts all doubts to rest and we will enjoy with candor the fact we will have 21 shots on target and score 1.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A draw would be the perfect result tonight wouldn't it?

Would keep Burnley below us and Fulham would be 9 points and 15 goals worse than us with 3 games left so virtually impossible for them to catch us.

A draw still leaves the nagging doubt we'll lose 3-0 to West Ham and then get tonked by Man City.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Does it help to know that Fulham have never won 4 games in a row in the Premier League and that the last time they did it in the top flight was in 1966? Or to know that they haven't actually won consecutive games yet this season? Or to know that they haven't won in their last seven matches? Or to know that to get their last 4 EPL wins, you'd need to go back a total of 24 games to the end of November? Or to know that, to survive, they will need to win a league game at Old Trafford, which they have only done twice in their history? Or to know that they are currently bottom of the league's form table over the last 6? Or to know that, as well as us there are three other teams above Fulham who are not yet mathematically safe, and that two are below us?

Regardless of tonight's result, the fat lady is gargling with herbal tea, practicing scales and looking up Craven Cottage in her sat-nav. There is less chance of them staying up than there is of a team having a season where both a penalty and a red card were awarded against them after the final whistle, missed two penalties in one match, had a goal disallowed when a ref blew his whistle as the ball was crossing the line despite an offence not being committed, and ended up in the Champions League places on Xp, but still not mathematically safe with three games left.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Does it help to know that Fulham have never won 4 games in a row in the Premier League and that the last time they did it in the top flight was in 1966? Or to know that they haven't actually won consecutive games yet this season? Or to know that they haven't won in their last seven matches? Or to know that to get their last 4 EPL wins, you'd need to go back a total of 24 games to the end of November? Or to know that, to survive, they will need to win a league game at Old Trafford, which they have only done twice in their history? Or to know that they are currently bottom of the league's form table over the last 6? Or to know that, as well as us there are three other teams above Fulham who are not yet mathematically safe, and that two are below us?

Regardless of tonight's result, the fat lady is gargling with herbal tea, practicing scales and looking up Craven Cottage in her sat-nav. There is less chance of them staying up than there is of a team having a season where both a penalty and a red card were awarded against them after the final whistle, missed two penalties in one match, had a goal disallowed when a ref blew his whistle as the ball was crossing the line despite an offence not being committed, and ended up in the Champions League places on Xp, but still not mathematically safe with three games left.[/QUOTE

Exactly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here