Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/5/23

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It might be better to be in the Europa League…the quality in the CL is such that we could potentially finish last in the group. I realise the thought of going to the Bernabéu to watch BHAFC is unbelievable, but in the Europa League we would stand a decent chance of going deep in the competition. It still seems incredible to be even contemplating these issues, though!

From Edgar Street to the Camp Nou :lolol:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
It might be better to be in the Europa League…the quality in the CL is such that we could potentially finish last in the group. I realise the thought of going to the Bernabéu to watch BHAFC is unbelievable, but in the Europa League we would stand a decent chance of going deep in the competition. It still seems incredible to be even contemplating these issues, though!
Hot take but I genuinely prefer the Europa League rather than the Champions League.
We could finish last in a Europa League group, but we are better than the teams who were finishing last in the CL groups. Chelsea and Spurs won their groups!
Yes, but a more congested fixture list against strong European teams will be incredibly difficult if we do not significantly bolster our squad - it will be a challenge in any European competition to consistently produce good results in all competitions, but I'm confident nonetheless.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hot take but I genuinely prefer the Europa League rather than the Champions League.

Yes, but a more congested fixture list against strong European teams will be incredibly difficult if we do not significantly bolster our squad - it will be a challenge in any European competition to consistently produce good results in all competitions, but I'm confident nonetheless.
So we want Europa, not CL, and we're losing points on purpose?

You are Paul Merson and I claim my £5

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So we want Europa, not CL, and we're losing points on purpose?

You are Paul Merson and I claim my £5
No - but the CL s realistically beyond us now (significantly five points against Spurs and Palarse beyond us); the Europa is our target - and I'd be happpy with that.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No - but the CL s realistically beyond us now (significantly five points against Spurs and Palarse beyond us); the Europa is our target - and I'd be happpy with that.
Yep - Sky/BT/Talksport etc trying their utmost to convince viewers that the Top 4 race is ON for us and Spurs hasn't washed with me - just not realistic at this point. Europa would be fantastic anyway - 5th not out of the question but very unlikely with Liverpool's form/their fixtures and our fixtures. 6th is definitely in our hands though I'd say, especially if Spurs fail to beat villa at Villa Park next week (draw please!)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The table DOES lie when the officials distort it through incompetence.

We are clearly a top 4 side, we’ve just been beset by bad luck (or horrific officiating).
If we finish 6 points behind 4th I might agree. But let's just beat Everton first aye.

Only 3 games ago we lost to woeful forest and just before that drew with Leeds and Leicester.

I definitely think we are top 6 material. Top 4 , probably not quite.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
.....and the 16 points lost to Brentford, Fulham and Forest didn't help either. :(
All teams around us could point to games where they could/should have won though, including v teams lower down the table. On the other hand we snatched 3 points from one (albeit deservedly) the other day, beat palace on very much an off day by our standards, got a 90th min pen to grab the point v brentford, got another late goal to grab a point at leicester... 😬 if we finish 5th or 6th I'd feel that's about right for where we are currently considering squad depth, the amount of very young players we have, etc, which whatever way you look at it would still be an outstanding achievement considering our wage structure, the money we've spent/gained en route to get where we are currently, and the fact we lost our entire management team near the start of the season.
Hopefully we can make 5th though! 🙏

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep - Sky/BT/Talksport etc trying their utmost to convince viewers that the Top 4 race is ON for us and Spurs hasn't washed with me - just not realistic at this point. Europa would be fantastic anyway - 5th not out of the question but very unlikely with Liverpool's form/their fixtures and our fixtures. 6th is definitely in our hands though I'd say, especially if Spurs fail to beat villa at Villa Park next week (draw please!)
Twaddle.

Hold onto top 4 for as long as possible.
Utd aren't great.
Liverpool are scratching out 1-0''s.
We still have to play Newcastle.

The longer we dream of top 4 the more inevitable the Europa League becomes.

Were you a Leicester fan you'd be writing 'id be happy with runners up'!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1683529284094.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes I agree it's beyond us, but I was questioning Krafty's comment that he'd prefer EL than CL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here