Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 5-7/8/22

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The last time I heard Arsenal sing the Vieira song was at the Amex and I was not particularly pleased.

However, tonight’s rendition at Selhurst was a joy. Very funny.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Palace looked absolutely gutless. Gotta love it:clap:

Palace have to be disappointed with Zaha..... 90 minutes and he wasnt able to con the ref for a penalty. Then again, first game, he probably needs a few more flings to get back in the swing.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Palace looked absolutely gutless. Gotta love it:clap:

Thought they look disorganised in defence for the first half and had a couple of misses that would put us to shame but otherwise competed in the second.
That banner though :ffsparr:

theboybilly

No they didn't.

Indeed they didn't but it took them 42 minutes to muster a meaningful effort. The first half was Arsenal's comfortably but they backed off badly after going ahead. But all in all apart from Eze missing a great opportunity the better side got the deserved win. But Viera surely has to take the blame for that woeful first half

Last edited:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I though Mitchell was going to be the next Pele? Admittedly that’s the first time I’ve really noticed him but my god he was terrible.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I’m dropping in and out of the game but is Ben White having a bit of a stinker?

I, too, was dropping in and out. Ben was playing in the full back position against Zaha, so an unfamiliar position against a strong opponent (who he'd have to be weary of falling over claiming for whatever he could get). For what I saw it looked like he was doing enough to stop runs and block the ball, but was doing so with a more 'playing the odds' approach, rather than technique. i.e. could work out where the ball was going, get his body in the way, but wasnt directing it anywhere. So sometimes his blocks bounced away safely, sometimes they bounced to another palace player. Then second half he seemed to tire/get caught out. Palace were a lot more attacking second half. Stinker seems a bit harsh, it was untidy, but he did enough of a job.

I thought both teams were quite untidy, with a lot of loose control and poor passing. Maybe it's just 'first competitive game' rustiness. Yeah, they've had pre-season, but it's not quite the same. I'm sure most early games are a bit scruffy.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I, too, was dropping in and out. Ben was playing in the full back position against Zaha, so an unfamiliar position against a strong opponent (who he'd have to be weary of falling over claiming for whatever he could get). For what I saw it looked like he was doing enough to stop runs and block the ball, but was doing so with a more 'playing the odds' approach, rather than technique. i.e. could work out where the ball was going, get his body in the way, but wasnt directing it anywhere. So sometimes his blocks bounced away safely, sometimes they bounced to another palace player. Then second half he seemed to tire/get caught out. Palace were a lot more attacking second half. Stinker seems a bit harsh, it was untidy, but he did enough of a job.

I thought both teams were quite untidy, with a lot of loose control and poor passing. Maybe it's just 'first competitive game' rustiness. Yeah, they've had pre-season, but it's not quite the same. I'm sure most early games are a bit scruffy.
Well, this time last year Arsenal fans were screaming for Saliba and not buying White for £50M. F*** 'em. They know everything, innit blud. Awesome as he was in a back four in the Championship, in the PL with us he was probably at his best at RCB - is that what he was playing tonight, but with little or no help from the RWB so he had to cover RB as well? Anyway, how many goals or assists did Zahaha get tonight?

Anyway, what do we care - he's been at the Arse for a season now, we've wished him luck and said goodbye - he's not qualified as 'One of our own' any more.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well, this time last year Arsenal fans were screaming for Saliba and not buying White for £50M. F*** 'em. They know everything, innit blud. Awesome as he was in a back four in the Championship, in the PL with us he was probably at his best at RCB - is that what he was playing tonight, but with little or no help from the RWB so he had to cover RB as well? Anyway, how many goals or assists did Zahaha get tonight?

Anyway, what do we care - he's been at the Arse for a season now, we've wished him luck and said goodbye - he's not qualified as 'One of our own' any more.

I believe he was playing RB. That seems to be where they are thinking of playing him now, following their summer signings. Of course that may change if it doesn't work out so well, but it worked well enough to stifle palace and Zaha last night.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He's always going to be one of our own, and I cheered when Zaha was in his pocket.
As Calde and Bruno both said, Once a seagull, always a seagull.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Liverpool haven't turned up yet, Fulham playing well so far. Decent pace to the game.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Liverpool starting off sooooo slow, same as they do more often than not. Probably need the tradional Salah penalty to steady them a bit :lol:

They surely need to, and have the money to, upgrade on Henderson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here