Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There will be another Premier League manager sacked tonight or tomorrow

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bloody Villa. I wish it had been the other way round. It's a nightmare where I'm based now.

That could be it for Olè Gunnar Solskjaer. Like famous deaths, sackings come in threes. Everton were very, very unlucky. I hope Silva stays - for us!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not a great set of results for us, but Norwich will be kicking themselves for not picking up another three points and that's got to hurt for Everton, although if it triggers the sacking of Silva, perhaps today's defeat will prove to be a catalyst for improvement.

Position: 16th (-4)
Distance from relegation zone: 3 points (-2)

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 18.53.03.png

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Everton have a horror fixture list until Christmas with trips to Anfield and Old Trafford while they're at home to Chelsea and Arsenal. It would make sense to keep Silva for those matches and then the new manager, starting with Burnley at home on Boxing Day and Newcastle away has a relatively soft start, even if they're really in trouble by then.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everton have a horror fixture list until Christmas with trips to Anfield and Old Trafford while they're at home to Chelsea and Arsenal. It would make sense to keep Silva for those matches and then the new manager, starting with Burnley at home on Boxing Day and Newcastle away has a relatively soft start, even if they're really in trouble by then.

They’ll be the odd Everton draw eg expect a 10 man defence at Anfield, with only Dominic Calvert-Diver up front. But possibly not enough to save Silva his job at the end of those results.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They’ll be the odd Everton draw eg expect a 10 man defence at Anfield, with only Dominic Calvert-Diver up front. But possibly not enough to save Silva his job at the end of those results.

Strong rumours Everton are talking to Moyes about a temporary appointment until the end of the season but he is holding out for something permanent. Not sure any truth in it but has been reported

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Strong rumours Everton are talking to Moyes about a temporary appointment until the end of the season but he is holding out for something permanent. Not sure any truth in it but has been reported

Big Sam does the temp sh*t - he chases the money - most other managers want to get a fair crack at the job.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I heard that on the radio today. They concluded it’s a non-starter because Moyes quite rightly wants a guarantee of a contract for next season too, should he meet mutually agreed targets.

Moshiro spends £100m’s like confetti and the supporters believe they’re a huge club ... they’re holding out for someone like Allegri, Poch, Ancelotti.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wondering how Villa and others have got results at OT, whilst we were swept aside?

I didn’t see this match. Did Villa push almost everyone forward, or always leave numbers back?

The simple fact we can't defend under Potter so getting points at a top 6 club is virtually impossible

You cannot play like we do and give away soft goals every week.

We are going down with Watford and Norwich.

Potter is not a a Premier league manager.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The simple fact we can't defend under Potter so getting points at a top 6 club is virtually impossible

We have a better defensive record than all of West Ham, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Everton, Southampton, Norwich and Watford and an equal record to that of Spurs and Arsenal.

Our record includes visits to Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United - it's unlikely that many (if any) of those sides around us have made those same trips yet.

So, all in all, we are mid-table based on defensive performance to date.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Wondering how Villa and others have got results at OT, whilst we were swept aside?

I didn’t see this match. Did Villa push almost everyone forward, or always leave numbers back?

Considering Arsenal's run and the fact others around us are picking up points against the supposed big teams, ill be really disappointed if we manage to get swept aside by Arsenal on Thursday as we did at old Trafford in what seems to have been pretty much United's stand out performance of the season so far.
Fingers crossed we can pick up where left off second half at Anfield...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We all knew this was going to be a tough period for us and expected to drop down the table.
A surprise point or 2 would have been nice but we have certainly played well over the past 3 losses.
Problem is we really need to get some points against Arsenal and Wolves which is not going to be easy at all.
The Wolves game will be a cracker I think.
I hope we go for it in both games with Alzate, Trossard and Mooy, hopefully these 3, whilst capable of scoring should also get the ball to Connolly and Maupay who both really need to start scoring again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have a better defensive record than all of West Ham, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Everton, Southampton, Norwich and Watford and an equal record to that of Spurs and Arsenal.

Our record includes visits to Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United - it's unlikely that many (if any) of those sides around us have made those same trips yet.

So, all in all, we are mid-table based on defensive performance to date.

You can prove anything with facts.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

The defending for all teams this season has been pretty average.

The only teams that seem to be able to defend properly so far are Leicester, Sheff Utd and Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here