Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 29/4 - 2/5/23

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s interesting noticing that several Leicester players just wouldn’t be good enough for us. Players like Barnes and Daka. Their decision making would not get them into an RDZ team or squad/

At the right club I think Harvey Barnes will be a PL star.

At the Amex I found him annoyingly dangerous and effective.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It’s interesting noticing that several Leicester players just wouldn’t be good enough for us. Players like Barnes and Daka. Their decision making would not get them into an RDZ team or squad/
I think De Zerbi gives the players such detailed instruction, that there are few situations where they are really having to make decisions, they see the patterns on the pitch and know what to do.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Won’t be an easy game against Everton. We’ll need to keep the ball better than Leicester did tonight.

That's quite likely based on our respective possession stats, isn't it? Leicester actually had 55% of the ball tonight which is well above their average but well below ours.

Screenshot_2023-05-01-23-18-47-943_com.android.chrome.jpg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
A quick comparison, I’ve already found some worse or the same:

Derby - 5 years (1975, then 1980)
Villa - 6 years (1981, then 1987)
Manure - 7 years (1967, then 1974)
Blackburn are worse 4 years. Won in 1995, relegated in 1999.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Cracking game. Both teams going for it. Both could've won, draw about right.

DCLs open goal muff from 1 yard may haunt them.
I think Everton will be alright. The fans have got to make Goodison Park a fortress between now and the end of the season.

Yes, they've spent a lot of money (like Nottingham Forest although over a longer period) but they took Neal Maupay off our hands for a crazy fee. I want Neal to start scoring though. I've never met any arrogant Evertonians - having to put up with that scarlet club across Stanley Park would drive me crazy with the media love-in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At the right club I think Harvey Barnes will be a PL star.

At the Amex I found him annoyingly dangerous and effective.
I especially liked him at the Amex the year before, when he got TWO Leicester goals from corners, ruled out for offside, by standing next to Sanchez.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So thinking purely of us and small margins, I wouldn’t mind Arsenal dropping points and continuing their bad run tonight, leading up to the game with us…

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
So thinking purely of us and small margins, I wouldn’t mind Arsenal dropping points and continuing their bad run tonight, leading up to the game with us…

if they drop points tonight (unlikely) and then are beaten at Newcastle (plausible) we can hand the title to City by avoiding defeat at the Emirates... hopefully that makes them nervy, they realise the game is up and fold. City then send the kids barely turn up against us because they've already won the league and have two cup finals to prepare for.

Simple.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
if they drop points tonight (unlikely) and then are beaten at Newcastle (plausible) we can hand the title to City by avoiding defeat at the Emirates... hopefully that makes them nervy, they realise the game is up and fold. City then send the kids barely turn up against us because they've already won the league and have two cup finals to prepare for.

Simple.
Chelsea will get something tonight. I reckon they will win

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leicester are such a strange side. On paper, they have some decent players- certainly better ones than a lot of the clubs down there. In terms of quality, I tend to look at it in terms of which players would be in demand from Premier League clubs if they went down?

Southampton- Ward-Prowse might get a go at a Villa type team, but he's not going to get a top six club. Other than that? Very few. Livramento might have been a target if he hadn't had that ACL injury last season. The rest are garbage.

Forest- perhaps Gibbs-White might attract a lower/mid table buyer, but you'd imagine his wages will put clubs off (assuming they match the fee Forest paid for him). Johnson hasn't been too bad but is still young. The rest are either Championship quality or ageing wasters who went to Forest for a pay day.

Leeds- Gnonto should find a new home somewhere (or is he only on loan?). Can't help feeling Bamford's ship has sailed. Nobody will be queuing up for the rest of their Championship quality squad. Rodrigo will leave regardless. The rest of them are either awful or young enough to benefit from a season in the Championship next year.

Leicester- Maddison will obviously be wanted elsewhere. Vardy is too old. Tielemans is available on a free so will inevitably go somewhere. Barnes should be a good investment for somebody. Perhaps James Justin if he's fit (a rare thing). I suspect a few of their other players, however, have a misguided belief that they will be in demand if Leicester goes down, and therefore aren't all that bothered. It's certainly looked like that from the way they've played this season. I also think they're in for a nasty shock if they do go down, as I'm not convinced there will be a queue of eager suitors.

Everton- Pickford? Would he be in demand? Maybe Doucoure or Iwobi would go to somebody like Sheffield United, but any fee for those two isn't exactly going to clear the debts, is it? I honestly can't think of a single Everton player who other clubs would want to shell out a decent fee for, which is a pretty miserable reflection on their squad.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Chelsea will get something tonight. I reckon they will win
You can see it happening, but I can't get past the fact Chelsea scored ONE goal in April, and that was a fluke. I reckon Arsenal will score first but the chavs will grab a draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here