NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some sackings on the cards?

IMG_4691.png

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I thought they had changed that rule - precisely to stop players 'wasting' their suspensions on cup games that they weren't going to be playing in?

Not as far as I’m aware and if they have then Arsenal will be looking at a points deduction for playing him today.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
How would that be controlled ?

The only way to control it would be to make red cards suspensions competition specific like they are for yellow cards.

I know they are already separated for domestic and European competitions. So a suspension for a red card in a Premier League or domestic cup game doesn’t carry over and vice versa. But it seems a bit silly that a player could be sent off in a League Cup game that their side go on to lose and then not serve any suspension for months.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
How would that be controlled ?

The only way to control it would be to make red cards suspensions competition specific like they are for yellow cards.

I know they are already separated for domestic and European competitions. So a suspension for a red card in a Premier League or domestic cup game doesn’t carry over and vice versa. But it seems a bit silly that a player could be sent off in a League Cup game that their side go on to lose and then not serve any suspension for months.
I've looked up the rules now, and see my confusion. What they changed was with regard to yellow cards. So, it used to be the case that if you got a fifth yellow, you'd be suspended for the next match - whatever it was. I seem to remember Dunk desperately trying to get booked once so he would miss a cup game instead of the next PL game. Anyway, five bookings means a suspension for the next PL game - regardless of whether there's a cup game first.

But the same thing doesn't apply to red cards - that's just 'next domestic game'.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Fully expect Villa to sneak a late winner :down:

Hoping they hold on to dump European bound Palace in the relegation zone though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here