Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 26-28/12/23

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is all true. But what is var adding to the situation. Nothing. Scrap it and at least then we can get back to slagging the ref off when he gives it inevitably, but sidestep all the rubbish that goes with it.
VAR is there to make sure The Horsepuncher was nibbled with the faintest of touches.

'We' weren't happy with the ref being fallible.
Everything said in the exchange was bollox, but that's just where we are at.

Slo-mo, 'expert' analysis, player validation - all crap.
But in order to feed the machine, unless something even more egregious happens we'll have 72 hours of this narrative.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
@Kinky Gerbil the point I was making was it was debatable there was even contact furthermore if there was it was certainly not enough to cause him to fly to the ground.

You then listen to Clattenburg at halftime and despair. There was contact (really was there?) and it was enough to bring him down (it wasn't). The studio and Clattenburg, Newcastle fans, no wonder.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
VAR is there to make sure The Horsepuncher was nibbled with the faintest of touches.

'We' weren't happy with the ref being fallible.
Everything said in the exchange was bollox, but that's just where we are at.

Slo-mo, 'expert' analysis, player validation - all crap.
But in order to feed the machine, unless something even more egregious happens we'll have 72 hours of this narrative.
'We weren't happy with the ref being fallible '

True, but var has not improved decision making, nor has it improved our satisfaction with decisions. It has added extra frustration and also sucked a lot of joy from the game we all love.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Forest should have scored and the ball didn't go out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great goal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'We weren't happy with the ref being fallible '

True, but var has not improved decision making, nor has it improved our satisfaction with decisions. It has added extra frustration and also sucked a lot of joy from the game we all love.
But this decision has nothing to do with VAR.
The check was minimal just to make sure there was a touch.

My problem, pretty much since the Turkish ref got chinned, is why is everything the fault of the ref and VAR?
As per the instant reactions on here.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What a goal. When did Wood learn how to do that?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
@Kinky Gerbil the point I was making was it was debatable there was even contact furthermore if there was it was certainly not enough to cause him to fly to the ground.

You then listen to Clattenburg at halftime and despair. There was contact (really was there?) and it was enough to bring him down (it wasn't). The studio and Clattenburg, Newcastle fans, no wonder.
I don't think it was a pen, I've only seen it a couple of times.

I agree, the issue is if you watch something enough times there is always going to be slight contact, which is enough to not over turn it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And a word of praise for the referee for two great instances of playing the advantage, one in each of Forest's goals.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Very tight call for potential third goal for Forest.

EDIt: It stands. Hat-trick for Wood

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here