Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 26-27/12

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
City penalty shout very similar to Connolly v Everton.......foot stood on as he was running......and given.

Edit.....saved

Edit....vAR for encroachment

Edit.....retake awarded

Madness !

Edit...same penalty, saved again but rebounded to Sterling who scored.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s a “Connolly” penalty....saved. I’m going for retake decision

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is it worth going to a game these days. You haven’t a ****ing clue what the **** is going on

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The yam yams are not happy, dummies are being spat(or thrown) onto the pitch:lolol:
Joo know, I'd rather have dirty and massive in place of he who wears girls socks and arse fat wanderers

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Encroachment should only be applied IF the encroaching player has impacted the penalty in anyway i.e. a player clearing a saved penalty or rebound, or a player other than taker scoring and was encroaching. We shouldn't be retaking penalties if the encroaching players had no impact on what occurred.

*edit: is this the case anyway? seemed to be the suggestion at HT that only retaken because Coady who cleared it had encroached.

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Encroachment should only be applied IF the encroaching player has impacted the penalty in anyway i.e. a player clearing a saved penalty or rebound, or a player other than taker scoring and was encroaching. We shouldn't be retaking penalties if the encroaching players had no impact on what occurred.

and thats exactly what happened....encroaching player cleared the rebound.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pathetic flag waving same As Arses

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

*edit: is this the case anyway? seemed to be the suggestion at HT that only retaken because Coady who cleared it had encroached.

That is what happened in this game, but we saw in our game against leicester, when both teams encroach it will be retaken, even if only the scoring team benefited from the encroachment. (But I agree with you, it should only be the team that benefit from encroachment that gets punished).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here