Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 25-27/11/23

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
How can that be a clear and obvious error? How? Absolutely ridiculous. I really feel for Gary O’Neil. That’s three scandalous penalties they have had awarded against them and in every occasion they have lost the game as a result.

If that was us I dread to think what we would feel like.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ridiculous if Ref bottles and gives this.
That, like Forest's, just isn't clear and obvious it's the VAR ref watching over and over again to decide. How the f*** is it then a clear and obvious error? Webb, you bald prick (joking), needs to change what they are looking for.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On field refs don’t have the balls to disagree with VAR officials

When the VAR officials get rather excited after yet another possible soft pen “You really want to look at this”. … I’d love it if occasionally refs having viewed the footage, dished out yellows to the simulating player.

Probably not in the VAR rule book, but it’d be funny.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Except he was saying they don't want to overrule the on-field ref. But that seems not to be the case now.

Good point, that was the hair pull on Cuckoo when Spuds unfairly equalised, Dean didn’t want to give his mate more grief after a controversial violent game.

But I was thinking after tonight more about the overall thing, when VAR officials flag up a possible pen, the whistler seems to then always dramatically point to the spot. Thus not embarrassing his VAR mate who caused a long delay.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
As others have said, VAR shouldn't be getting involved unless it's a clear and obvious mistake. The onfield decision not to award Fulham their 2nd pen was not a clear and obvious mistake. In fact, the referee was probably correct initially, not giving a pen. No way should he be revisiting that, let alone changing his mind!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just seen the highlights. Wolves absolutely robbed - shocking decisions for the two Fulham penalties. Awful

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Like the Forest one on Sat, for the second Fulham pen there was no clear and obvious reason to overturn the on-field decision.

From our pov, the annoying thing is if VAR hadn't unnecessarily intervened, Dunk wouldn't have been sent off.

So tired of this b*****ks now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On pens I’d rather see an ex player, be involved in VAR. For example Chris Sutton is brilliant in calling out divers, unlike most pundits who go along with the cheating to keep their lucrative jobs in promoting the :wanker:soccer product :wanker:.

PL officials now take a one-eyed view on whether there was contact on the attacker. Seemingly ignoring doing a Kane (taking an unnatural trajectory away from the ball to collide), beginning to fall before contact, or a general sense that a finely tuned athlete with balance is taking the piss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here