Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 23-26/10

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why only go to the monitor to look in slow motion.

Shirley the ref still needs a real time perspective.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Anyone see the sending off? Sherwood thought it wasn't a red. I do wonder if send the ref to the monitor = automatic decision which makes a mockery of it.

Exactly. I don’t think I’ve seen a ref go to the monitor and stick with the original decision. It’s just a pantomime.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Exactly. I don’t think I’ve seen a ref go to the monitor and stick with the original decision. It’s just a pantomime.

Yup. Plainly "you'd better have a look on the monitor" is code for "you daft kunnt, you've fudged that, go to the monitor make out you are looking carefully, then go and change the decision".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see Ajax has just shaved a close one.

Although with 3 minutes plus injury time, it's not over just yet.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am well aware. Sorry I will stop taking the shine off your little bit of glory in the top division

I, for one, will never forget you being a dick in threads when we were trying to get to our "little bit of glory". Not sure you are in a position to take the high ground when you are posting on another club's forum whilst your team are playing a home game

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I, for one, will never forget you being a dick in threads when we were trying to get to our "little bit of glory". Not sure you are in a position to take the high ground when you are posting on another club's forum whilst your team are playing a home game

I dont think a home game means much at the present time

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Anyone see the sending off? Sherwood thought it wasn't a red. I do wonder if send the ref to the monitor = automatic decision which makes a mockery of it.

This is why they decided not to bother with the monitor in the first place. Just causes more delay and appears to be completely pointless as they're under so much pressure to make the stoppage worthwhile by altering the decision.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This is why they decided not to bother with the monitor in the first place. Just causes more delay and appears to be completely pointless as they're under so much pressure to make the stoppage worthwhile by altering the decision.

Haven't seen it so I am interested what people watching thought. It seems to have flipped from VAR not wanting to overrule the ref to the ref not wanting to overrule VAR. Pointless.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It should have been 4-1 but a wins a win. It makes up for the unjust lose of the 2 points last week.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It should have been 4-1 but a wins a win. It makes up for the unjust lose of the 2 points last week.

He's here all week - tip your waitress and try the fish.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I saw the cheating bstard Batshuayi compliment last week's travesty.

He loses possession and falls over, as the Fulham player goes to take the ball away, he grabs the ball. Ref then inexplicably gives a foul to Batshuayi. The Fulham players were aghast.

I seriously wonder whether these refs could get any worse. They continually reward cheating.

As Potter seems to want us to be a nice team, we are going to fall further and further behind and teams like Palace are going to benefit.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
McTominay hauled down in the area with more force than Lamptey on Batshit last week; no foul given #consistant

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ryan would get ripped to shreds on here if he'd just done what Mendy did

justifiably too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here