Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 22-24/10/21

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Liverpool getting all the goals out of their system this week ahead of our trip there

9891b2f0ee58dc33a1e62369e5044247.jpg

I'll settle for 4 right now.

4-1 again maybe, looks okay when you review the season.

I hate having that sinking feeling as soon as the starting whistle goes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A suggestion from a United fan on Red Cafe....."Can't Neville hire Ole for his own club? "

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh yeah Newcastle are bathing in points

And the quality of players is the same :rolleyes:

So whoever Newcastle bring in is going to make Newcastle fly up the table? Can we get back to this in January when whoever it is has had a couple of months in charge?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'll settle for 4 right now.

4-1 again maybe, looks okay when you review the season.

I hate having that sinking feeling as soon as the starting whistle goes.

It’s one of my hatreds of the prem. I want to watch Brighton be in a game of football on a fairly even ish playing field - last night was just not worth watching really. Saturday will prob be the same. The odd time, mainly with no or little fans or some luck you get something but you have 3 with so much more than others - another 4 or 5 with stupid money who are still starting each game with a huge advantage. Soon to add in Newcastle too. ****s me off!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thy showed an overhead shot outside at 70 mins and loads of fans were already streaming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still a decent amount, about 70-80%, in the stadium on 75 mins. I can’t imagine the Amex, or indeed many stadia, would be much more than 50-60% full if we were 0-5 with 10 men against Palace on a Sunday evening!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s one of my hatreds of the prem. I want to watch Brighton be in a game of football on a fairly even ish playing field - last night was just not worth watching really. Saturday will prob be the same. The odd time, mainly with no or little fans or some luck you get something but you have 3 with so much more than others - another 4 or 5 with stupid money who are still starting each game with a huge advantage. Soon to add in Newcastle too. ****s me off!

If you can’t afford the World’s best players the next best thing is to watch your team go toe to toe with them. I bloody loved the second half yesterday and yes I do know that City had taken their foot off the pedal but I’d rather lose a few games like that and be as good as 2/3rds of the division than drop to the Championship. As long as we look like we belong in most games I’ll take PL football over winning more games in the lower league.

Sad that any Albion fan can be disappointed with where we are in any way at all imo :down:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thy showed an overhead shot outside at 70 mins and loads of fans were already streaming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure them saying the ‘vast majority’ stayed was accurate. Half of it is theres so many day trippers who just want to watch the full game - the amount filming by the tunnel as the players came out was embarrassing. Including the Liverpool team ffs :facepalm:

That said, I’m sure the Amex would empty a fair bit if we were 5-0 down after 55 mins or whatever.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you can’t afford the World’s best players the next best thing is to watch your team go toe to toe with them. I bloody loved the second half yesterday and yes I do know that City had taken their foot off the pedal but I’d rather lose a few games like that and be as good as 2/3rds of the division than drop to the Championship. As long as we look like we belong in most games I’ll take PL football over winning more games in the lower league.

Sad that any Albion fan can be disappointed with where we are in any way at all imo :down:

Not a all disappointed - I just think there’s a lot in the prem league for clubs like us who have been there in all the divisions not to like. I loved the 2nd half too. But I’d rather watch Albion win v Leyton Orient in div 2 than lose 4-1 to one of the worlds best teams cherry picked at £50mil+ per player - per squad member nearly. Just my opinion - I now it’ll never get better than this in the bigger picture.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And the quality of players is the same :rolleyes:

So whoever Newcastle bring in is going to make Newcastle fly up the table? Can we get back to this in January when whoever it is has had a couple of months in charge?

Nope and whoever Manchester United bring in is also not going to make them fly since the club is rotten from the inside out. Moyes, LVG, Mourinho, OGS.. they can keep hiring and sacking managers like they're changing underwear but ultimately nothing will change unless they appoint someone useful in the DA role. Overpaid, lazy wankers like Pogba and Ronaldo think they are bigger than the club and no manager (and that DEFINITELY inclues Steve Bruce) is going to change that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Except, other than the Coutinho Amex game, the Albion always give Liverpool plenty of problems, not sure why.

ManC with the £1b spend are the ones who make the most of that colossal financial advantage, routinely swatting aside ‘teams like Brighton’ when they have 11 men. Don’t enjoy those fixtures one bit, I agree with you about the ££££ chasm.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That said, I’m sure the Amex would empty a fair bit if we were 5-0 down after 55 mins or whatever.

Esp if it were palace we were 0-5 down too.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Still a decent amount, about 70-80%, in the stadium on 75 mins. I can’t imagine the Amex, or indeed many stadia, would be much more than 50-60% full if we were 0-5 with 10 men against Palace on a Sunday evening!

Fair play to the thousands that stayed as you say, but I wonder how many of those who stayed were tourist types

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here