Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-22/12

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's quite comforting to know Utd are now playing like the Albion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A couple of months ago, many NSC’ers wrote off Stains and Watford as down, but who would take the third relegation spot?

With three points for a win, 30 plus matches to play and each club having spent £100m upwards on talented players, nothing is decided in October.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
A couple of months ago, many NSC’ers wrote off Stains and Watford as down, but who would take the third relegation spot?

With three points for a win, 30 plus matches to play and each club having spent £100m upwards on talented players, nothing is decided in October.

Apart from this season the team just surviving in fourth from bottom may need 38/40 points more than we had last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Eight points off bottom spot - christ!

It'll be interesting to see if Potter's football will be as expansive in the second half of the season as much as the first with more pressure now. Tottenham away might be the first indicator.

There's enough in the squad to survive easily but if Norwich pick up as well then it could get ropey. Will Potter want an FA Cup run as a distraction? Well, the form MASSIVE are in, he'll need to play the first team because a youthful League Cup team and I can see a replay up there or elimination.

A wake-up call after yesterday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It'll be interesting to see if Potter's football will be as expansive in the second half of the season as much as the first with more pressure now. Tottenham away might be the first indicator.

There's enough in the squad to survive easily but if Norwich pick up as well then it could get ropey. Will Potter want an FA Cup run as a distraction? Well, the form MASSIVE are in, he'll need to play the first team because a youthful League Cup team and I can see a replay up there or elimination.

Yesterday we were second best and deserved to lose.

The kicker is all the games we were first best in, and failed to capitalise fully.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Imho, taking the game to Spuds as we did at the Etihad and at home to Leicester second half, will gift huge spaces for Son and Alli to run into, and a big defeat. Is there a pragmatic balance to be had? Sheff Utd and Newcastle always leave plenty of bodies back in a great defensive shape.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Yesterday we were second best and deserved to lose.

The kicker is all the games we were first best in, and failed to capitalise fully.

Agree, Bozza.

The festive period could see the table change hugely. I wouldn't muster up much enthusiasm for the FA Cup tie after throwing the EFL Cup Villa match almost.

We'll be ok. But it could be more points needed this season.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Chelsea have made a very bright start. Can the sorcerer keep it up against his old master? I think Spurs will come back and win.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea, Willian penalty

Spurs keeper came out for the ball, missed it and collided with the Chelsea player. Ref gave a foul on keeper, VAR review gave the penalty.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here