Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-21st October

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
100% definite foul?

Do me a favour! I can only assume there was a sniper in the crowd that took Origi down.

Yes definitely. Did he kick him? Yes. Was it a foul? Yes. So should be chalked off. But the point is that was WAY more of a foul than the one on Ryan yesterday and that was ruled out. Morons haven't got a clue. Ditch VAR now.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
What the feck is wrong with me, I’d be quite pleased if United wiped that horsey smug grin off Klopp’s face :shrug:

United will not be in the relegation battle so I don’t care if they end up with the three points

The Liverpool media love in is pissing me off now

This. United all the way, and hopefully City can overhaul Liverpool.

The fact that Origi was lying on the floor in obvious pain, means it was probably a foul. And yes I don't think he was faking it.

The word " probably " means that it will not be overturned. VAR is fine for offsides and generally for handball but dealing with fouls is the failure of the system compounded by the edict than on field referees cannot review their decision themselves via on the screen on the sidelines.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This is why VAR is crap - it's down to one person's opinion who is less qualified that the person refereeing the game

Agreed. Just passes subjective opinion over to another set of subjective opinions.

For what it's worth, I don't think ordinarily the Mane goal should have been ruled out either as I don't think he deliberately controlled the ball with his hand. Although I accept that under the rules we have now around 'hand ball' and Var that it was always going to be ruled out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes definitely. Did he kick him? Yes. Was it a foul? Yes. So should be chalked off. But the point is that was WAY more of a foul than the one on Ryan yesterday and that was ruled out. Morons haven't got a clue. Ditch VAR now.

I think the difference is that the ref saw the Origi incident and deemed it not a foul, and in communicating with the VAR it matched what the VAR saw in the replay (that is, the ref says 'there's a slight touch, but I think Origi is making a meal of it' then VAR would look at the video, see there's slight contact and won't be able to overturn the ref's call). In our game yesterday, the ref didn't see the arm across Ryan's face, and the VAR did catch it, thus the decision was overturned.

The other possible explanation is that the ref had deemed that play had 'reset' and the VAR check didn't go back far enough to consider the foul. It did occur in the other half of the pitch, and the ball had to travel from Utd's half to the Liverpool goal, and the reset point is quite subjective, whereas the foul on Ryan was in the six yard box.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is why VAR is crap - it's down to one person's opinion who is less qualified that the person refereeing the game

Agreed. Just passes subjective opinion over to another set of subjective opinions.

No it doesn't. That is part of the problem. The VAR doesn't make any subjective calls, that's not how it works. For subjective calls, the ref explains to the VAR what he saw that led to his decision, and the VAR looks at the replays to see if what the ref describes happening actually happened.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11777969/var-in-the-premier-league-the-ultimate-qa

If the VAR was allowed to give his opinion to the ref, we might see more decisions overturned. We might not, the referees have all been trained and are instructed to apply the laws in a particular way - and that interpretation doesn't always match what fans, players, etc want. Sometimes the referees will agree on a decision that the rest of us think is completely wrong because that's how they have been instructed and are paid to apply the law, not because they didn't see it properly or don't know what they're doing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Junior Parkrun newsdesk.

After a couple of soaking wet Sundays, at least it was dry this morning, albeit very cold - a chilly 2 degrees when we left the house.

A fairly uneventful JPR today. My 8yo son finished a solid 4th and my 10 yo daughter nabbed 5th, 3 seconds behind her brother. She also got her 4th First Female placing in a row (and her 7th in total), so she is doing a good job of shutting out that top step of the podium just lately and moving up the 'First Finishers' table nicley. Both got AGs in the high sixties, which was a good effort given the slippery conditions underfoot and the cold weather. Fair play to them for getting up at 7am on a Sunday to give it a crack and putting everything into it.

Roll on next week.

Edit: FFS. This isn't the 'Official Running Thread', is it?

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
1-1. Now into the final couple of minutes of 5 injury time. (equaliser was in normal time)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Junior Parkrun newsdesk.

After a couple of soaking wet Sundays, at least it was dry this morning, albeit very cold - a chilly 2 degrees when we left the house.

A fairly uneventful JPR today. My 8yo son finished a solid 4th and my 10 yo daughter nabbed 5th, 3 seconds behind her brother. She also got her 4th First Female placing in a row (and her 7th in total), so she is doing a good job of shutting out that top step of the podium just lately and moving up the 'First Finishers' table nicley. Both got AGs in the high sixties, which was a good effort given the slippery conditions underfoot and the cold weather. Fair play to them for getting up at 7am on a Sunday to give it a crack and putting everything into it.

Roll on next week.

Edit: FFS. This isn't the 'Official Running Thread', is it?

:facepalm:

At least it wasn’t a zzzz Brexit post.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
A large NSC lynch mob spent 2 years destroying Stephens. In the NSC poll last spring/summer, about which players to keep/get rid, a majority I think wanted him out.

Albion fans are a fickle bunch.
Well Dick Head is. One minute he loves Mooy, the next he hates him.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What the feck is wrong with me, I’d be quite pleased if United wiped that horsey smug grin off Klopp’s face.
He could have grinned all over his face as much as he liked if his team had moved us up one place and ahead of United tonight. Sadly they didn't.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It was a poor game to me. Being charitable, they cancelled each other out. Didn't see anyone of international standard at all.

I can see Liverpool planning a sale of Henderson to the prats up the road. Another bumper fee for a past it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sheffield United have the opportunity to join Spurs, Burnley, Bournemouth and West Ham on 12 points tonight.

Will decent Arsenal or flaky Arsenal turn up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here