Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-23/01

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’ve said that for a couple of months.

Their rivals are either missing their best player, and/or have form averaging out at WDWDWD, whilst ManC are settling down into a metronomic WWWWW. They outclassed Manure in the recent LC match, light years ahead.

Manure are top with odds of 8/1, Spurs 5th at 25/1. The markets know it’s heading to ManC.

Agreed.

I said before the season started I thought they would romp to the title, I was surprised they dropped a few points early on but fully expect them to win it by a distance still.

The signing of Dias has been massive for them.

The scary thing is they’ve done it so far without a striker as Aguero and Jesus have been injured and hardly played - they’ve only got 2 goals between them. When they’re fully fit and playing they will be frightening.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agreed.

I said before the season started I thought they would romp to the title, I was surprised they dropped a few points early on but fully expect them to win it by a distance still.

The signing of Dias has been massive for them.

The scary thing is they’ve done it so far without a striker as Aguero and Jesus have been injured and hardly played - they’ve only got 2 goals between them. When they’re fully fit and playing they will be frightening.

Totally agree on this as well, Citeh look ominously good and we got lucky catching them on an off day.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Totally agree on this as well, Citeh look ominously good and we got lucky catching them on an off day.

Not sure we did. We were very good at closing them down, limiting their quick passing in midfield and Sanchez got his angles right (mostly). We did the same on Saturday but Leeds’ defence is a shambles and we took the scoring opportunity they give all teams at the moment.

But I agree with you on City. They’re my favourites for the title. I’d also not mind if they did win it since the media are very focused on United, Liverpool and Spurs.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not sure we did. We were very good at closing them down, limiting their quick passing in midfield and Sanchez got his angles right (mostly). We did the same on Saturday but Leeds’ defence is a shambles and we took the scoring opportunity they give all teams at the moment.

But I agree with you on City. They’re my favourites for the title. I’d also not mind if they did win it since the media are very focused on United, Liverpool and Spurs.

I do think City will win it, although the European Cup starts again soon, and that may affect them.
Don’t discount Leicester, they are less reliant on Vardy this season, they have a good squad, I fancy them to be top 3 .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It's interesting that Manure were top, but 8/1 at the bookies (even before Citeh won last night). They have the two most expensively assembled squads on the planet, but the betting markets don't see it close at all.

Manure will have the nightmare of Europa League Thursday's soon and refs might eventually stop dishing out pens for their players struggling with gravity.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I was unsure where to put this comment, so I'll plonk down on this thread.

Our win made me so happy and I've been a different person since Saturday and far nicer to live with it.
Brighton winning makes lockdown so much more bearable.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was unsure where to put this comment, so I'll plonk down on this thread.

Our win made me so happy and I've been a different person since Saturday and far nicer to live with it.
Brighton winning makes lockdown so much more bearable.

Same here.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's interesting that Manure were top, but 8/1 at the bookies (even before Citeh won last night). They have the two most expensively assembled squads on the planet, but the betting markets don't see it close at all.

Manure will have the nightmare of Europa League Thursday's soon and refs might eventually stop dishing out pens for their players struggling with gravity.

Not according to many tweets I have seen regarding Caicedo. Man U don't spend money on big signings or even a few millions on a player like that. It's SO unfair.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The narrative thats emerged from the weekend is apparently the senior Newcastle players wanting to maintain playing with 3 CBs as they did under Benitez, but Bruce preferring to switch to a back 4. Bruce threw the players under a bus after the dismal showing at Sheff Utd, and was quoted as saying "the gloves are off, we'll do it my way now" (also saying they were "frigging hopeless" and played "absolute shite").

Not a happy camp then. It could get very ugly tonight - here's hoping. Would be great if they got dragged into the scrap.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Watched the first half with a chewy red and the sound down.

My musical accompaniment of choice was Gerry Mulligan's sublime Night Lights.

I enjoyed the whole experience so much that I am considering offering a bespoke service as a business, albums for matches.

The whole thing is so much more stress free, no annoying comments or bias, and sometimes the players even perform in sync to the music.

It's the future I tell you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here