Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-19/8/24

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
MotD 2 didn't even show the league table. They found the time to show Dwight McNeil hitting the post in a move that saw two players obviously two yards offside, without being flagged, but not the time to show the much closer call that went against Ayari after he actually converted the chance. Precious me? Not many.
To be fair, I'd normally be fully supportive of not showing or looking at the league table until getting on for 10 games have been played.

As things are, I've been telling literally everybody I meet that Brighton are top and intend to continue doing so as long as it remains the case.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be fair, I'd normally be fully supportive of not showing or looking at the league table until getting on for 10 games have been played.

As things are, I've been telling literally everybody I meet that Brighton are top and intend to continue doing so as long as it remains the case.
As we were after the first game last season. The only way is down now. :wink:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Were we on top by the end of the first round of fixtures though? I seem to remember that we were top but were later gazzumped by some other team winning by a greater margin later that weekend. This is the prize. To be top after the entire first round of games and I’m obsessing far too much over it.
😂

Now watch Tottenham put a hatful past Leicester.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Were we on top by the end of the first round of fixtures though? I seem to remember that we were top but were later gazzumped by some other team winning by a greater margin later that weekend. This is the prize. To be top after the entire first round of games and I’m obsessing far too much over it.
😂

Now watch Tottenham put a hatful past Leicester.
Facundo hatrick will keep us top though :wink:

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Dunno... at least the s*** gets to swim in the river.
Crap doesn't swim for long, though, does it? It soon sinks to the bottom. ;)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh look, Leicester fans still have clappers. They already deserve to be relegated. It's a real shame for Buonanotte, who I like a lot, but here we are.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
MotD 2 didn't even show the league table. They found the time to show Dwight McNeil hitting the post in a move that saw two players obviously two yards offside, without being flagged, but not the time to show the much closer call that went against Ayari after he actually converted the chance. Precious me? Not many.
Totally with them on not showing tables after one match but repeating that Everton post hit was odd.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On paper that Leicester defence plus keeper looks woeful.
Faes and Vestergaard were horrific last time they played at this level. But they did have Danny Ward behind them, which can't have helped.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leicester fans both simultaneously booing and applauding James Maddison. Whatever their gripe with him, they don't half have some crap fans. The sort of fans who spend more time singing 1980s style abusive songs to opponents than they do supporting their own team, and definitely the type to ask us if our boyfriends know we're here. They also once sung "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" at three time Champions of England, Huddersfield Town :dunce:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Leicester fans both simultaneously booing and applauding James Maddison. Whatever their gripe with him, they don't half have some crap fans. The sort of fans who spend more time singing 1980s style abusive songs to opponents than they do supporting their own team, and definitely the type to ask us if our boyfriends know we're here. They also once sung "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" at three time Champions of England, Huddersfield Town :dunce:
I’ve told my son we have to do Leicester this season as he’s not been yet. I’ve described it as a slightly more shit Birmingham, only with terrible pubs and the worst fans in the division.

It’s what you get for being taken to Amsterdam and Rome within a few months.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
As we were after the first game last season. The only way is down now. :wink:
We were top for a couple of hours at the start of last season, but Newcastle won the late Saturday kick off against Villa 5-1 to lead overnight.

We actually went top last season after 2nd game (the Wolves win at home) and stayed there for a week until we lost to West Ham.

Our boy is doing ok

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Anyone else’s crowd sound and visuals slightly out of sync? Heard the crowd reaction to the goal both before seeing it, and before commentators remarked.

Edit: I’m on the international feed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here