Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-19/8/24

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It will be even more watchable if Cucurella reverts to the Chelsea version as opposed to the unplayable Spain one.

I liked it when the ball unwittingly bounced off his head and into the striker's path when he had no idea where it was. More of that sort of thing please.
He was great for us, great for Spain, but a headless chicken for Chelsea. I can't explain it.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
While a lot is being made of Palace’s defensive frailties, ours is hardly looking watertight yet. The thought occurs that with them apparently renouncing their anti-football for a bit, our matches with them this season should be a pair of right old ding dongs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He was great for us, great for Spain, but a headless chicken for Chelsea. I can't explain it.
I wouldn't be averse to him having another shite season, Chelsea selling him for a massive loss and him turning up at another big club and looking class again.

Or Sanchez throwing one i in this game. Or Caicedo being sent off and missing a sitter.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Just seen the Eze freekick.

I can’t understand the problem, ref blew his whistle before the ball crossed the line, Hughes’s fouled Collins, correct decision. It might be frustrating for Palace fans,but, it’s not a goal. The ref blew immediately he saw the foul, if he had waited and the ball crossed the line before he blew, VAR would have ruled it out, anyway.

We’ve had far worse decisions, one of them being against Palace.
Is there an 'interfering with play' type rule in these kind of decisions? The Hughes foul has nothing to do with Eze's shot and goal. Would the goal have been disallowed if Palaces goalie at the other end of the pitch had pushed someone over?

Did the players kneel to take a stand against Fernandez

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I wouldn't be averse to him having another shite season, Chelsea selling him for a massive loss and him turning up at another big club and looking class again.

Or Sanchez throwing one i in this game. Or Caicedo being sent off and missing a sitter.
On the balance of both probability and satisfaction gained, a huge Sanchez please!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is there an 'interfering with play' type rule in these kind of decisions? The Hughes foul has nothing to do with Eze's shot and goal. Would the goal have been disallowed if Palaces goalie at the other end of the pitch had pushed someone over?
If it happened between the ball being live (taking of the freekick) and going into the goal then yes.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Cucurella with a great view of Haaland's goal, there.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We’re top of the league and the title is ours to lose…………..COME ON !!!!!!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
That Chelsea shirt is the most hideous thing I've seen since the Man City away Paisley shirt from a few seasons ago.

Even my cat has just puked watching the first 10 mins!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That Chelsea shirt is the most hideous thing I've seen since the Man City away Paisley shirt from a few seasons ago.

Even my cat has just puked watching the first 10 mins!
Not surprising that no one wants their name on the front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here