Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 15-17/5/22

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Arsenal really aren’t very good are they? No bottle. White must be thinking about what a wasted season it’s been for him

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
They had the huge advantage over the rest of the top 6 this season with no European football, so no travelling and often a week to prepare for EPL fixtures. Chavski won the EPL one season with that advantage.

Arse blew it.
Just think only a few weeks ago arsenal fans celebrating on the concourse at st Mary's as we won at spurs only for them to lose 1 nil a little later . funny old game

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ah, I didn't look at goal difference. Much more acheivable for them. Can see why the arsenal fans are down.

There are few cocky Arsenal families near us. Not born n bred Londoners, just plastics who jumped on the trophies bandwagon under Graham or Wenger. One bloke I know, lives in Westdene, loves to mock all things Albion.

Little tw@t won’t be laughing tonight ��

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Arsenal really aren’t very good are they? No bottle. White must be thinking about what a wasted season it’s been for him

On the other hand he will have doubled (tripled?) his wages, he's finishing in the top 6 and will play in Europe next season. Better than fighting relegation with Leeds.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
There are few cocky Arsenal families near us. Not born n bred Londoners, just plastics who jumped on the trophies bandwagon under Graham or Wenger. One bloke I know, lives in Westdene, loves to mock all things Albion.

Little tw@t won’t be laughing tonight
Tell your neighbor thanks for the 4 points this season

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
You know things are bad when you have to look to Lacazette and Pepe to rescue things. Are there any less interested players in the EPL (excl the entire Man Utd team, that is)?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
On the other hand he will have doubled (tripled?) his wages, he's finishing in the top 6 and will play in Europe next season. Better than fighting relegation with Leeds.

Money excepted I would have thought he would have set his sights a bit higher than Europa Cup and being 4th reserve for the England World Cup squad.

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Arsenal have gone all Spursy.

AFTV a must-watch tonight.

This is great news for the Albion. If Spurs get 4th spot Conte will stay and that means Potter isn't going anywhere, which in itself is more important than Bissouma, Trossard, Sanchez.

I agree. Conte will stay if Spurs get Champions League football and the associated budget to buy the players that Conte wants. Bissouma may end up there.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Got to love Arsenal.

Shite for a few months, then goes on the best form streak for another few months, just giving the fans a little hope that "now we're finally back!" before losing to any and everyone in the final match days.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This is great news for the Albion. If Spurs get 4th spot Conte will stay and that means Potter isn't going anywhere, which in itself is more important than Bissouma, Trossard, Sanchez.

Exactly my thinking. Without CL football Conte would likely go, and they'd be all over Potter.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree. Conte will stay if Spurs get Champions League football and the associated budget to buy the players that Conte wants. Bissouma may end up there.

Spurs are going to need reinforcements in midfield in order to stay top 4 and mount a challenge in Europe. I think this is the best option for Biss, assuming Tottenham get the point they need against Norwich.

However, we need to ensure they don't offload any dross onto us, like Winks.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Arsenal have a couple of injuries and they are rubbish. Team out on the pitch tonight was bang average, hardly surprising they lost.

At this point I really don't think we are that far off arsenal and spurs with our current squad.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It'd be enormously Spursy for them to stuff it up against Norwich though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't be so sure about Conte.

He's still got to navigate a Summer transfer window with Levy holding the purse strings.

There'll be tears before bedtime.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You know things are bad when you have to look to Lacazette and Pepe to rescue things. Are there any less interested players in the EPL (excl the entire Man Utd team, that is)?

Last season they played 60 Prem matches, scoring 23 goals. This season it's 46 matches, scoring 5. That has been a huge factor why Arsenal are below Spurs now. Martinelli and Nketiah haven't delivered enough goals in their absence although - to be fair - they are still both young and will improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here