Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 14-15/9/24

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Maybe time to reduce the PL to 18 teams. Just like last season there's going to be a bunch of teams that won't get to 30 points.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
So at what point would you do it? When they're struggling to get 20 points? 10 points?

Just becomes a bunch of absolutely meaningless games between teams that shouldn't be in the same division.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I thought the EFL had a trophy?
I'm just suggesting ways to reduce the number of games without reducing the number of teams. Now they've started seeding the League Cup so the Filthy Rich 6 are not in any way inconvenienced by having to play in Europe they might as well exclude the Prem teams from the League Cup. Alternatively, exclude teams that play in the European competitions.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
So at what point would you do it? When they're struggling to get 20 points? 10 points?

Just becomes a bunch of absolutely meaningless games between teams that shouldn't be in the same division.
Never. Us long term, non anti-semitic supporters understand the meaning of football rather than bandwagon hopping elitism dreamers.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Were the fans of mid table teams saying the same the year we came up? The promoted teams have earned the right to give the big time a shot....how they deal with it is a different matter, but we shouldn't be elitist
I'm just suggesting ways to reduce the number of games without reducing the number of teams. Now they've started seeding the League Cup so the Filthy Rich 6 are not in any way inconvenienced by having to play in Europe they might as well exclude the Prem teams from the League Cup. Alternatively, exclude teams that play in the European competitions.
All the time it offers a legitimate way into European competition for lesser Premier League teams, I'm all for it staying as it is

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Never. Us long term, non anti-semitic supporters understand the meaning of football rather than bandwagon hopping elitism dreamers.
Ok, but when it was decreased from 22 to 20 teams, all of you long term non anti-semitic non bandwagon hopping non elitist non dreamers supporters completely failed to understand the meaning of football? Or did you protest it and want it to be increased to 22 again?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s fun when Manchester United win comfortably, especially against teams I don’t give a crap about like Saints, because their fans immediately gloat and come out with “Top 4 is back on” etc. They have the shortest memories of any football fans.

Then they’ll beat, say, Leicester and become convinced they’re in a title challenge only to get absolutely spanked by someone good and flip out at reality.

The Manchester United cycle.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Ok, but when it was decreased from 22 to 20 teams, all of you long term non anti-semitic non bandwagon hopping non elitist non dreamers supporters completely failed to understand the meaning of football? Or did you protest it and want it to be increased to 22 again?
I never wanted it reduced to 20 in the first place. Never wanted the 'Premiership' and was quite happy with Division one thanks. Some of the meaning of football did eke away then - and I for one could never foresee us ever getting back into a reduced top division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here