Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 13-15/08/21

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No doubt imho that both Webster and Dunk are far superior defenders and headers.

White had 5th highest interceptions last seasons, he's very ood in the transition and passing, but pure defending. Webster or Dunk any day.

Sorry Arsenal, no refunds!
Veltman is also better !

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No problem playing in a back four at Leeds. I think he needs a physical defender to play with which Arsenal don't have.
You can't pay 50m for a player then say he can only play with a certain type of player. Not good enough.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I really like Ben White, absolutely nothing against the kid, but quite frankly he’s joined the wrong team. I CANNOT WAIT to see him trying to defend Dunk and Webster at set pieces.

His agent Levack is a prat too, I think he was seduced to try and get his biggest client into any old sexy bigger name without really considering if it was the very best fit for his client.

I agree with you as often DFP...... wrong club for young Ben, perhaps Leeds will be able to buy him for 30 million in next summers transfer window!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Indeed. Told my Arsenal supporting mates as much. He’ll get taken apart in the air if nothing else by the best teams. I think 3 at the back utilises his real strength - the ability to carry the ball forward. Have to wonder what they thought they were buying if the plan is a 4 man defence….

He really does look lost in a back 4 so far. Awful performance, his positioning has been shocking.

He’s going to have to shape up quickly or the abuse he’ll get from some of the worst fans in world football will be intense. There’s no hiding place there.

As said elsewhere, he’s now fully appreciating just how good Biss, Dunk, Webster and Sanchez are.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Good bit of business that :)

48BE3395-4A78-43B1-8667-524FD54CAEDF.jpeg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No chance Brentford will go down.

One half of football into the season and already folk making definitive statements like this. Let's see how they cope when the going gets tough. It's hardly a surprise that they've come out strongly first game in the prem at home against one of the big guns anyone should fancy themselves against.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
No chance Brentford will go down.

Really? Brentford's defence looks poor to me if pressurised, and they were always going to be bang up for tonight's game. Make no excuses for Arsenal but they've got a very makeshift front line with both their experienced strikers out - Arsenal have just been so abject, even caught out by a simple press on 3 or 4 occasions. Can't see Arteta lasting long if this continues.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He really does look lost in a back 4 so far. Awful performance, his positioning has been shocking.

He’s going to have to shape up quickly or the abuse he’ll get from some of the worst fans in world football will be intense. There’s no hiding place there.

As said elsewhere, he’s now fully appreciating just how good Biss, Dunk, Webster and Sanchez are.

the total muppets on AFTV will be fun to watch!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
His agent Levack is a prat too, I think he was seduced to try and get his biggest client into any old sexy bigger name without really considering if it was the very best fit for his client.

I agree with you as often DFP...... wrong club for young Ben, perhaps Leeds will be able to buy him for 30 million in next summers transfer window!

I thought the same throughout the transfer saga and before that on the purported chase by Arsenal of Bissouma.

For the players sakes, I had hoped that if they left it was for a better club, in the CL.

Many said this on nsc.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Many of us enjoying BW's poor performance first half but it's probably slightly better for us if he does well - makes it look like we really do have good players.

Agree that he's been poor though and benefitted from Dunk, Bissouma and Sanchez. That said, I bet there's games this year we'll miss White as Dunk and Webster toil a bit againsgt the pacier forwards.

All in all just find Arsenal losing like this pretty funny. They're possibly slower than us in the final third.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One half of football into the season and already folk making definitive statements like this. Let's see how they cope when the going gets tough. It's hardly a surprise that they've come out strongly first game in the prem at home against one of the big guns anyone should fancy themselves against.

FFS it only takes 20 minutes max to define a player, game, season and career.

You've wasted 25 minutes there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here