Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 12-14/3/22

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm sure Palace would have preferred to have bought a player like Conor Gallagher a few years ago and developed him through loans or found him via their academy (like Wan Bissaka) or taken a punt on him when he was younger and playing in the Champ or L1 (like Olise, Eze).
Thats Brighton's model and its something that most clubs including Palace aspire to.
See their investment in their Academy/Training ground etc. The fact that Gallagher has turned out to be a successful player for Palace earning them one more point than Albion this season is a double edged sword. They won't be able to buy him, its still expensive even for one season and their investment in him mostly benefits Chelsea in the long term not Palace. And not all loanees are like Gallagher. Loftus Cheek for example.

We can only aspire to be like you :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They're saying what you said had unfortunate - and I'm sure entirely accidental - racist connotations. I think they mean that Croydon has a large number of BAME residents, and there is a historic "relationship" with fried chicken, which was later used as a racial stereotype. (https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...icken-but-the-racism-surrounding-it-shamed-me) - no paywall.

I honestly can't be arsed to argue with whatever slant they decide to impose and twist it to inside their little minds. What, you can't mention a fried chicken shop without it being deemed "racist" ?? Next time I order a KFC, I'll be sure to have a burning cross on my lawn for the Deliveroo driver :rolleyes:

Its the same as when we do the Cantona chant - by doing that, we are all apparently "celebrating" the tragic death of one of their fans. As if.

Its all so tedious.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm sure Palace would have preferred to have bought a player like Conor Gallagher a few years ago and developed him through loans or found him via their academy (like Wan Bissaka) or taken a punt on him when he was younger and playing in the Champ or L1 (like Olise, Eze).
Thats Brighton's model and its something that most clubs outside of the top 6 or so , including Palace aspire to.
See their investment in their Academy/Training ground etc. The fact that Gallagher has turned out to be a successful player for Palace earning them one more point than Albion this season is a double edged sword. They won't be able to buy him, its still expensive even for one season and their investment in him mostly benefits Chelsea in the long term not Palace. And not all loanees are like Gallagher. Loftus Cheek for example.

And if he had come through the Academy we would have to sell him anyway see White for Brighton. Yes there would have been the money but that has to be spent wisely.

When you say just one more point if the season ended today the equates to about 4 million pounds, that would mean palace either made a profit or at least broke even on the deal…but most importantly for us fans this season has been a joy to watch with Gallagher something some of Brightons fans crave for if you read some of the threads.

Loftus cheek was quite a success at Palace and got into the England would cup team the season he played for Palace, so he wasn’t too shabby for a loan either.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I honestly can't be arsed to argue with whatever slant they decide to impose and twist it to inside their little minds. What, you can't mention a fried chicken shop without it being deemed "racist" ?? Next time I order a KFC, I'll be sure to have a burning cross on my lawn for the Deliveroo driver :rolleyes:

Its the same as when we do the Cantona chant - by doing that, we are all apparently "celebrating" the tragic death of one of their fans. As if.

Its all so tedious.

I am sure you are not racist and I don’t know how old you are ? But if I mention fried chicken in that sort of manner to any of my kids ( all under 35) they would take it as a racist slur.

The likes of us over 50s have to tip toe through life now and be careful not to crack a risky joke…it’s just the way it is.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Same old behavior from the Palace homophobe. Missing for weeks and now they are ahead of us he's back again throwing accusations of racism around.
And yet again the mods tolerate him for some reason.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am sure you are not racist and I don’t know how old you are ? But if I mention fried chicken in that sort of manner to any of my kids ( all under 35) they would take it as a racist slur.

The likes of us over 50s have to tip toe through life now and be careful not to crack a risky joke…it’s just the way it is.

Do I have to remove One Vision from my playlist now

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
If you get the chance, could you please give us a quick overview as to when it's acceptable to celebrate a draw as if the Champions' League has just been won, and when it's tinpot to do so.

I think the fact that the stands were still packed and the crowd singing well after the final whistle was the fact we had battled a draw against one ,if not the best team in Europe. And we were righty proud of our teams effort.

As I am sure you would be.

Teams outside the top 6 should celebrate a hard earned draw and 4 points gained against a team like Man City.
Surly there is not that much to celebrate in a season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think the fact that the stands were still packed and the crowd singing well after the final whistle was the fact we had battled a draw against one ,if not the best team in Europe. And we were righty proud of our teams effort.

Teams outside the top 6 should celebrate a hard earned draw and 4 points gained against a team like Man City.

OK...

Goalless draw at home against a top 6 side: It's OK to go batshit crazy.
95th minute equaliser against your rivals away from home: Do NOT celebrate. Tinpot. Have a long, hard think about what you've done.

Any more for the list, please? We'd like to make sure we get this right and don't disappoint you again.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
OK...

Goalless draw at home against a top 6 side: It's OK to go batshit crazy.
95th minute equaliser against your rivals away from home: Do NOT celebrate. Tinpot. Have a long, hard think about what you've done.

Any more for the list, please? We'd like to make sure we get this right and don't disappoint you again.

Not really sure what your on about TBH ?

If your on about this season’s games I think you all celebrated, did anyone say any different?..

Anyway this game is history now for Wednesday night, prediction’s?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
When you say just one more point if the season ended today the equates to about 4 million pounds, that would mean palace either made a profit or at least broke even on the deal…but most importantly for us fans this season has been a joy to watch with Gallagher something some of Brightons fans crave for if you read some of the threads.

Agreed. He's a good player. Easily your player of the year i guess... but he won't be playing for Palace next season so you'll have to fill the gap again.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thats Brighton's model and its something that most clubs outside of the top 6 or so , including Palace aspire to.

I don't disagree it would be better to develop your own or buy your own at bargain prices but I don't think we should just not take players on loan just out of principle. Gallagher has kept Palace out of the relegation area and that allows Palace to stay in PL for another year and then they role the dice again. Yes a problem that you don't own him and he might be taken back but let's face it if we had a really good player who was offered a good deal by a club then we might lose him anyway. So we don't have total control our players.

You mention about that Gallagher has been successful but others haven't, again no different to buying a player - Locadia & Ali J come to mind immediately.

But as you say yourself CPFC have a similar model to us but have the added flexibility of taking loans....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't disagree it would be better to develop your own or buy your own at bargain prices but I don't think we should just not take players on loan just out of principle. Gallagher has kept Palace out of the relegation area and that allows Palace to stay in PL for another year and then they role the dice again. Yes a problem that you don't own him and he might be taken back but let's face it if we had a really good player who was offered a good deal by a club then we might lose him anyway. So we don't have total control our players.

You mention about that Gallagher has been successful but others haven't, again no different to buying a player - Locadia & Ali J come to mind immediately.

But as you say yourself CPFC have a similar model to us but have the added flexibility of taking loans....

A player performing like Gallagher has is always worth it but rarely happens. Generally I agree with the philopsophy not to loan players but with the loan deal bringing in Aaron Mooy, the club showed that if they feel it is a good opportunity and necessary they are willing to do exceptions.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

But did Brighton fans pile onto the Palace website to celebrate it when we took points off the World's greatest side Chelsea (home and away) ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
If you get the chance, could you please give us a quick overview as to when it's acceptable to celebrate a draw as if the Champions' League has just been won, and when it's tinpot to do so.

Like when you snatched a draw at selhurst this season.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Getting back on track, the atmosphere I alluded to last night is in evidence here

https://twitter.com/chrissypalace/status/1503644116508360708?s=24

Well done. I mean you were holding the champions in a game under the lights. Was a great atmosphere at the Amex when we were playing excellently at home to Chelsea the other month and held them. Overall though for years our home form has been turgid and we rarely look like winning, so at the moment the atmosphere quickly goes a bit flat if/when games lull into their predictable nature of us not looking like scoring in a million years and then conceding through a **** up . Hardly anything new - most grounds are the same here in the same circumstances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here