Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 12/09 - 14/09

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The Leeds work rate has been phenomenal. Time will tell if they can keep it up. We do not play with that level of intensity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s a mental thing. Neither our players or fans expect anything but defeat away against the elite clubs.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Hate to say it, but I enjoyed that. I don't think dirty will run out of steam, but the difference in class between the two leagues will take 'em a while to get used to......still want them relegated though

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Didn't we have more possession than Liverpool at anfield and play some lovely football (albeit struggling to score, as per)?

On another day, without the mistakes, Leeds would be 3 down already and looking like they'll concede more. Sooo....

On another day...but never the day?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The Leeds team have shown good character. I’m impressed by that regardless of tonight’s outcome.

However Liverpool have gifted them these goals in my opinion. Plus I think having no crowd at Anfield massively negates the Scousers home advantage.

Credit to Leeds. Their fans are still deluded bellends though.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Exactly. Liverpool ran away with the league, Norwich were a car crash.

Today we’ve learnt that Leeds work rate is excellent, they have a bad defence and push loads of players up in attack.

Surely we knew that already? I think the key question is whether they will get found out. Bizarrely Liverpool seem not to have done much homework.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If you’re going to stay up the one thing you need is defensive strength, the two centre halves for Leeds have looked awful, seen so many teams come up and ‘give it a go’ doesn’t often work, particularly if you can’t defend.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Entertaining first half. Leeds showing what they are about: running. They will keep going for 90 minutes, if you do some research on Bielsas training sessions you'll understand that they will be the fittest team in the league, with the negative side effect being that usually by the beginning of April his teams are just perma-exhausted.

Technically its obvious their players are pretty far below the league average meaning that if they go on any kind of poor streak and dont have the mental energy to run like crazy for 90 minutes, its going to be very difficult for them to win through skill and that poor streak could possibly go on forever.

Will be interesting to see second half. Liverpool probably need another goal as I think Leeds will probably take over in the last 15-20 when a normal team starts to get a bit tired.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Entertaining first half. Leeds showing what they are about: running. They will keep going for 90 minutes, if you do some research on Bielsas training sessions you'll understand that they will be the fittest team in the league, with the negative side effect being that usually by the beginning of April his teams are just perma-exhausted.

Technically its obvious their players are pretty far below the league average meaning that if they go on any kind of poor streak and dont have the mental energy to run like crazy for 90 minutes, its going to be very difficult for them to win through skill and that poor streak could possibly go on forever.

Will be interesting to see second half. Liverpool probably need another goal as I think Leeds will probably take over in the last 15-20 when a normal team starts to get a bit tired.

You think Leeds will take over in the last 15 minutes? Liverpool are one of the best pressing and fittest teams in this league, surely chasing the ball against teams who are much better keeping the ball than the teams in the championship will be much more tiring.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely we knew that already? I think the key question is whether they will get found out. Bizarrely Liverpool seem not to have done much homework.

I didn’t, as I didn’t watch Championship football really last season.

Liverpool’s defence has been awful since February. Even Watford, Brighton and Leeds taking it apart.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Hmmm your last sentence let's see. This ain't the chumpionship anymore.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool are looking a little rattled at being chased down at the moment. They are not keeping the ball as they like

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You think Leeds will take over in the last 15 minutes? Liverpool are one of the best pressing and fittest teams in this league, surely chasing the ball against teams who are much better keeping the ball than the teams in the championship will be much more tiring.

Agree.......

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don't know about you lot, but I think this is hilario.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it’s a mental thing. Neither our players or fans expect anything but defeat away against the elite clubs.

Unless it's Arsenal, Manchester Utd or Tottenham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here