Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-13/9/21

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I have to say, the Palace squad looks decent with the summer signings. Anderson is quality and Hughes, Olise and Edouard are all on the bench. If Viera can’t get them to a decent position and playing decent football then he’s no manager.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We are where we are which is a team in comparable quality to most teams that come up. We are their opportunity. They are ours. We have failed in the last few seasons to take that opportunity. Is it different this season? Who knows! We have shown signs but better recruitment would have shown intent. Instead we are reliant on GP expertise which is still in question. IMO

But I get the impression that teams like Brentford would not expect to beat Leeds, who came up after us and we did the double over them.
I think we could win the champions league and teams and fans would still expect to beat us.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I have to say, the Palace squad looks decent with the summer signings.

Annoying, isn’t it? Considering the club looked like a train wreck coming into July, it’s frustrating to see how well they’ve done with their rebuild. Shame.

Just have to hope expansive Paddy turns out to be the new Hyppia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But I get the impression that teams like Brentford would not expect to beat Leeds, who came up after us and we did the double over them.
I think we could win the champions league and teams and fans would still expect to beat us.

To win the Champions League we'd have to finish above 16th.

That's how the narrative changes, it's nothing to do with time in the division it's what teams do with it.
We've done f**k all, so are there for the taking.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014

Leeds finished 9th with 59 points, we finished 16th with 41 points, of course they'll be more worried playing Leeds!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Leeds did better than us last season. We have struggled every season we've been in the PL. Of course teams who come up look at us and think why can't we pick up 3 points against this lot. Until our nice football starts picking up more points then that's pretty obvious, isn't it?!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Annoying, isn’t it? Considering the club looked like a train wreck coming into July, it’s frustrating to see how well they’ve done with their rebuild. Shame.

Just have to hope expansive Paddy turns out to be the new Hyppia.

I agree that they have done well in their signings.

Dougie sticks to what he knows, and he's pretty good at identifying players with experience in English football.
However they are competing to sign players that every club is well aware and are probably paying a premium on wages and transfer fees.

It works because they don't have to waste time on getting players acclimatised to English football.
I'm not sure whether it's sustainable though, there are another 8 or 9 players out of contract this season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
NEW
25 mins

Crystal Palace 0-0 Tottenham

Wilfried Zaha is capable of lifting this. He goes down on the right side of the Spurs box, but the referee isn't buying it. Looked like there was a little shove from Oliver Skipp, but the official - leaning on the new instructions to look for greater cause to blow the whistle - waves it away.

Excellent stuff

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Leeds did better than us last season. We have struggled every season we've been in the PL. Of course teams who come up look at us and think why can't we pick up 3 points against this lot. Until our nice football starts picking up more points then that's pretty obvious, isn't it?!

I wouldn’t say we struggled, struggling is being in the bottom 3 and scrapping to get out of it.
We were good enough to beat Leeds twice, we played some great football, our defence is solid and when we did lose it was not by much and it was because we missed a load of chances something I hope we have improved on.
I still do not see how Brentford or any other team that came up can see us as an easy win.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I wouldn’t say we struggled, struggling is being in the bottom 3 and scrapping to get out of it.
We were good enough to beat Leeds twice, we played some great football, our defence is solid and when we did lose it was not by much and it was because we missed a load of chances something I hope we have improved on.
I still do not see how Brentford or any other team that came up can see us as an easy win.

At the end of the day it's about league position and points. We've clearly struggled to improve on that front. I don't think too many brentford fans see us as an easy win. But clearly a good opportunity to get a win. And why not as it stands? We've started well enough but still not clear whether we've improved much or not.

Strange that some folk are so precious over the fact that fans of other teams likely to be down the bottom end fancy their chances against us! We're the same!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I still think of West Ham and Wolves as potential wins, just because of our history against them.

I would guess that the vast majority of football fans have no more than a passing knowledge of most opposition team's strengths and weaknesses.
Even less when it comes to teams that weren't in the same division as them for the past 4 seasons.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
**** sake

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here