Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-13/12

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Loftus Cheek is way too good for Fulham.
Also Anguissa and Lemina is a really strong CM partnership.
Fulham def aren't mugs.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If it takes that long to sort out whether or not its a pen, then by definition its NOT been a clear and obvious error to not award it. When there's doubt, the on-field decision should stand (much like that scabby pen that cost us a point vs Stains).

But I've given up trying to decipher the VAR protocols. Its just luck of the draw, there is zero consistency.

What are the odds that 3 mins of stoppage time won't even be added (which is what the penalty review took)?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bad mistake but didn’t he make amends. One point closer to 40 points.

What are your thoughts on the cretins not wearing masks and not social distancing?

That could mean all grounds banned from having crowds thanks to them.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If it takes that long to sort out whether or not its a pen, then by definition its NOT been a clear and obvious error to not award it. When there's doubt, the on-field decision should stand (much like that scabby pen that cost us a point vs Stains).

But I've given up trying to decipher the VAR protocols. Its just luck of the draw, there is zero consistency.
This!
After 20 reviews,they ask the man in charge to have a look.

Why not sack the VAR squad and just give the ref a chance to see a replay and review his decision?

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
But didn't you say a couple of weeks ago that if we can't finish above Fulham, we deserve to go down? :moo:

We have an incredible manager who has won ONE league match in 2020 at home.

Perhaps we should extend his contract?

Who knows in 2021 we could double our wins in the Championship?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There is a school of thought that if Fulham pulled off a HUGE win this afternoon, they may drop their determination and intensity against us on Wednesday. I think we'd have a better chance in a strange sort of way. I find it very hard to dislike Scott Parker. A real gent. Unlike Stropp.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What are your thoughts on the cretins not wearing masks and not social distancing?

That could mean all grounds banned from having crowds thanks to them.

Yep, mindless, selfish morons potentially risking themselves, the players and the whole programme to have fans returning. Didn’t expect anything else from them though - probably given free tickets by Prince Charming too.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
There is a school of thought that if Fulham pulled off a HUGE win this afternoon, they may drop their determination and intensity against us on Wednesday. I think we'd have a better chance in a strange sort of way. I find it very hard to dislike Scott Parker. A real gent. Unlike Stropp.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This!
After 20 reviews,they ask the man in charge to have a look.

Why not sack the VAR squad and just give the ref a chance to see a replay and review his decision?

!00% penalty though didn't need replay after replay. Ref got it wrong

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We will need to keep a grip on Lookman. Trouble with 3 at back with Lampty so often upfield it will be left to one of our CBs to deal with him. Like it or not when we played with 4 at back Montoya did very well against Palace

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've praised Palarse and now Fulham today. Santa is not going to deliver any Brussel sprouts to me now! :nono:

Still think Liverpool will get out of jail with a point or even three - helped by a penalty inevitably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here