Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-13/12

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is such hard watch I can’t be arsed to have a fight about switching over to Strictly at 7

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Maty was a big part of keeping us in the Premier League so far, so he still has lots of credit in my bucket

I know what you mean, but seeing how Martinez kept villa a clean sheet today (and has done in previous games) really made me think we need an upgrade if we really want to progress to the next level...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Both these teams need a win - why the f**k is the tempo so shit? A draw doesn’t really help either manager.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I know what you mean, but seeing how Martinez kept villa a clean sheet today (and has done in previous games) really made me think we need an upgrade if we really want to progress to the next level...

I agree with you. Martinez is performing very well. At the moment, I still feel that converting chances into goals, and not giving away silly free kicks near our box, are higher priorities than upgrading our keeper.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Embarrassing game. Newcastle vs West Brom was better :lolol:

This kind of lack of interest from both teams wouldn’t happen with fans in the stadium.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The big teams keep calling for 5 subs because of the amount of games theyre playing yada yada yada... Both teams made one sub ffs.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Probably just me, but I have absolutely no interest in a game between Utd and City. Just about the only match-up I could think of as even less interesting would be the upcoming Everton v Chelsea fixture. From a neutral’s perspective I struggle to understand what people get out of watching these games. Do you give them your full attention? Are you really bothered about the result or the teams involved?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Pickford really is just a bag of chaos every single game.

One in a long row of Chris Kirklands... gets the chance aged nothing, wishful thinking made him this supertalent and national team keeper while in reality he is at best bang average. Just another one in a series of frauds, for England it would probably been wiser just to continuously have gone with a "boring" keeper like i.e. Ben Foster or Tom Heaton rather than select whoever labelled the flavour of the year.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Probably just me, but I have absolutely no interest in a game between Utd and City. Just about the only match-up I could think of as even less interesting would be the upcoming Everton v Chelsea fixture. From a neutral’s perspective I struggle to understand what people get out of watching these games. Do you give them your full attention? Are you really bothered about the result or the teams involved?

From a neutral’s perspective what would you get out of watching any game not involving your own team? Maybe some people just like watching football? Myself, I just have it on in the background while I'm burning ants with a magnifying glass.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Chelsea pass it sideways a lot but don’t do much else. How awful have the matches today been? Barely any quality on show.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
From a neutral’s perspective what would you get out of watching any game not involving your own team? Maybe some people just like watching football? Myself, I just have it on in the background while I'm burning ants with a magnifying glass.

I’ll happily watch PL games involving Leeds or Villa as I want them to lose, happily watch matches with an underdog, wanting the underdog to win in most cases being the draw there, but Utd v City and Everton v Chelsea are just (imho) insipid match-ups featuring monied clubs whose character and identity has been stripped away that hold zero appeal. Pre-monied City v United I’d have watched, but the ‘soul’ has long been bleached out of that fixture.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I’ll happily watch PL games involving Leeds or Villa as I want them to lose, happily watch matches with an underdog, wanting the underdog to win in most cases being the draw there, but Utd v City and Everton v Chelsea are just (imho) insipid match-ups featuring monied clubs whose character and identity has been stripped away that hold zero appeal. Pre-monied City v United I’d have watched, but the ‘soul’ has long been bleached out of that fixture.

The only reason I have kept Sky Sports and BT is to watch Albion games. If we went down I'd get rid of both. I came to this conclusion a few weeks ago when I sat down in front of whatever allegedly massive game was being shown on Sky at 4.30 on Sunday and ended up reading the paper through most of it, occasionally glancing up if the commentator started getting excited. Better to have some approximation of a life - difficult these days, I know - and watch the highlights on MotD2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here