Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 10-12/12/21

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Been watching the Liverpool Villa game. There is something very unlikeable about Matty Cash. Villa playing well but set up as they did v us 1st half which I guess is understandable at Anfield!! When are refs going to actually do something about all this time wasting though? Villa literally at it within 10 minutes! Feigned injury, keeper holding the ball for 10+ seconds, ages over goal kicks etc.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Been watching the Liverpool Villa game. There is something very unlikeable about Matty Cash. Villa playing well but set up as they did v us 1st half which I guess is understandable at Anfield!! When are refs going to actually do something about all this time wasting though? Villa literally at it within 10 minutes! Feigned injury, keeper holding the ball for 10+ seconds, ages over goal kicks etc.

You're right but the scousers in the crowd hollering for a penalty/free kick time after time just as irritating...

Can't get in the mindset that I should be rooting for the 'big' teams in these kind of games...

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
You're right but the scousers in the crowd hollering for a penalty/free kick time after time just as irritating...

Can't get in the mindset that I should be rooting for the 'big' teams in these kind of games...

I’m not really ‘rooting’ for either team, I just find this ‘low block’ defending incredibly boring to watch.
Villa are like Brighton last season under Hughton but with quicker strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Feel genuinely sorry for Leeds players and Bielsa.

Not their fans though. Their fans can F*ck off.

Agree with all of that. The amount of work and effort they put in and still no rewards... feel a little sorry for them. But the misery and suffering of the Leeds fans makes it all worth it. I love their pain.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Unless I am imagining it PL spoilt by far to many penalties. Any of you stats people know if they have increased and how numbers compare to say championship

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just watched a bit of Soccer Saturday for the first time in ages - Tim Sherwood, Clinton Morrison and Paul Merson - no wonder Stelling has quit!

For the first time in ages, I watched BT's equivalent. Much better, I thought, but then again I enjoy the Sutton/Savage piss takes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unless I am imagining it PL spoilt by far to many penalties. Any of you stats people know if they have increased and how numbers compare to say championship

No.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

As far as I can tell these stats include games played today, there have been Premier League 39 penalties and 43 awarded in the Championship so far this season.

That is one penalty every 4 games in the PL and a penalty every 6.1 games in the Championship.

Over the whole of the 20/21 season there were 125 penalties in the PL, at an average of one given every 3 games, so penalties were more frequent last season.

For further reference

19/20 - 92 penalties (av of a penalty every 4.1 games)
18/19 - 103 penalties (av of a penalty every 3.7 games)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

As far as I can tell these stats include games played today, there have been Premier League 39 penalties and 43 awarded in the Championship so far this season.

That is one penalty every 4 games in the PL and a penalty every 6.1 games in the Championship.

Over the whole of the 20/21 season there were 125 penalties in the PL, at an average of one given every 3 games, so penalties were more frequent last season.

For further reference

19/20 - 92 penalties (av of a penalty every 4.1 games)
18/19 - 103 penalties (av of a penalty every 3.7 games)

Isn't this VAR related? There were a lot given by VAR because of slight touches. It was cited as part of the reason there was meant to be a softer touch this year, which those stats would support has worked to a small degree at least.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I’m not really ‘rooting’ for either team, I just find this ‘low block’ defending incredibly boring to watch.
Villa are like Brighton last season under Hughton but with quicker strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Chris Hughton's Birthday today. Happy Birthday Chris, if you are reading this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here