Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 1-4/1

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Villa have spent according to Google £220m on fees plus God knows what on wages. They damn well should be better than us...
They had no choice - they didn't have anything approaching a PL squad when they were promoted - they had to buy nearly an entire first team last year. Now Brighton have not spent as much over the past 4 seasons - but the total isn't far off what Bloom has spent.

It has to be said that Villa have spent the money pretty well - they got some good players for their money.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’d be surprised if Grealish doesn’t end up at the very, very top somewhere I hate the guy as much as anyone, he’s an absolute turd waffle but what a ridiculously influential and classy player, his final ball has reached a point that now matches the rest of his game. Greasy diving little rodent.

Although he is allegedly on 200k p/w at Villa so would probably take some prying away.

I can easily see Grealish at Man U, City or Chelsea next year.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
They had no choice - they didn't have anything approaching a PL squad when they were promoted - they had to buy nearly an entire first team last year. Now Brighton have not spent as much over the past 4 seasons - but the total isn't far off what Bloom has spent.

It has to be said that Villa have spent the money pretty well - they got some good players for their money.

They are hugely improved from last year that's for sure. They are a good example of the problem we have every season in this league teams with big budgets and the draw to get who they want...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

The fact that Villa had to buy so many new players was their own fault, though - they spent over £80m on wages in the season they got promoted - by far the most a Championship team has ever paid in wages (we spent around £35m in the season we were promoted). I agree that they have bought well this season - Cash, Barkley (albeit on loan), Watkins, Martinez - all decent players. Unfortunately we are most definitely NOT in their league when it comes to transfer fees and wages.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I see Fulham’s COVID outbreak hasn’t stopped Mitrovic and Milivojević breaki the rules by attending a New Year’s party with loads of other people.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Who'd have though, a year ago, that there'd three ex-Albion central defenders in an Old Firm derby and the one not starting would be Duffy....

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I said the same last week, i just don't know what a penalty is any more. I can't make a balanced decision because my brain has been fried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here