Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pregnant mum fined for dropping fag end.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I am struggling to think of a case where the mother continuing smoking during pregnancy would be an advantage for the unborn child...unless by not smoking she becomes psychotic or even suicidal.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I'm sorry, but i am amazed (not about soton, the amount of smokers there is horrendous!)

Smoking during pregnancy carries a horrendously high risk of miscarriage, early term labour, placenta praevia, as well as haemodynamic instabilities in the mum as well as the foetus (not a baby until it makes it's first breath people!) - surely there is hardly anything (if anything) that would be so bad as to risk that?! Heroin addicts are told to come off methadone during pregnancy, and that is far worse than a carcinogenic stick of tar that people think is trendy to set alight and breathe in the toxic fumes!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I'm sorry, but i am amazed (not about soton, the amount of smokers there is horrendous!)

Smoking during pregnancy carries a horrendously high risk of miscarriage, early term labour, placenta praevia, as well as haemodynamic instabilities in the mum as well as the foetus (not a baby until it makes it's first breath people!) - surely there is hardly anything (if anything) that would be so bad as to risk that?! Heroin addicts are told to come off methadone during pregnancy, and that is far worse than a carcinogenic stick of tar that people think is trendy to set alight and breathe in the toxic fumes

I never though it was trendy. I was just stupid enough to try it one day and now haven't got the willpower to give up. YES i am just stupid but ho-hum no-one is perfect are they.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have seen the effects of excessive drinking during pregnancy (by the mother) and have to say that it was pretty bad, it left the child with brain damage...it has to be said that the mother was an alcoholic and the children (twins) were taken away by social services soon after their birth.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I have seen the effects of excessive drinking during pregnancy (by the mother) and have to say that it was pretty bad, it left the child with brain damage...it has to be said that the mother was an alcoholic and the children (twins) were taken away by social services soon after their birth.

Me too - foetal alcohol syndrome is horrible, but ive also seen it where mother (and abusive father) is still living with the kids.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It seems to me somewhat of an anathema that if an adult abuses a child then they are reported to social services and action may be taken to remove the child and place it in care, however a mother can smoke and drink during pregnancy...which can be potentially lethal for the unborn foetus...yet there is no sanction, it is the child who is punished...possibly suffering a life sentence if serious harm is done.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
If she was pregnant why was she smoking? :thud:

Is defo the bigger issue.. selfish bint

EDIT: Just seen a pic of her on the website. Looks like the fags are working wonders on her 25 year old skin. Sake.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What about pregnant women who are davised by their doctor and gynocologist to carry on smoking as it would be less harmful for the baby??

What should we do about them?

Are these the Pro-Life doctors who don't want to give abortions but understand you want rid of the baby?
i think they also recommend lots of whisky and a good daily kick in the stomach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here