Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Predicting the winners of the four divisions

BSS - Dover

Decent shout after raping both Ryman 1 and Premier in the last 2 seasons, however after seeing the effects previously of spending too much and falling down the pyramid, I think they're happy to sit in the BBS for a few years if I remember rightly what their manager Andy Hessenthaler said in an interview he did last year with the BBC.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Decent shout after raping both Ryman 1 and Premier in the last 2 seasons, however after seeing the effects previously of spending too much and falling down the pyramid, I think they're happy to sit in the BBS for a few years if I remember rightly what their manager Andy Hessenthaler said in an interview he did last year with the BBC.

They have very good support, which isn't a guarantee of success (just ask Newcastle fans) but it can do wonders for teams lower down the footy pyramid, they can usually attract the best non-league players by paying them a little more. Hence last season AFC Wimbledon pretty much flew through the BSS on gates often higher than their former iteration achieved in the old First Division.

We also saw that some years back, before there was direct promotion to the league, from Barnet. They had gates way higher than most of the other teams in the Conference and attracted some fairly decent players, some of whom went on to achieve success at a higher level, Robert Codner, Nicky Bissett and Andy Clarke spring immediately to mind. In the lower leagues having a few bob can work wonders, whereas higher up the difference is often measured in billions!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Dunno what the odds are, but I'll be doing an e/w (top 3 finish) accumulator for all 4 divisions.
Top 3 finishes for:

Liverpool
Middlesbrough
Norwich
Notts County

Don't put too much money on then:)

All mid-table crap apart from the Scouse who will finish 4th or 5th.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Very interesting to see how many people thought Liverpool would win this year!

I can't be arsed to take a screenshot, but my accumulator is looking hopeful:

Chelsea 2/1
Newcastle 6/1
Norwich 7/1
Notts County 4/1

Did e/w Lucky 15 10p on each, total of £3. Will return £171.20 if all win.

Anyone else have any pre-season bets?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here