Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Predicting the Blues - Oldham Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PtB

Jul 6, 2003
Despite NSC's apparent obsession with cricket (whatever that is), it's time to relaunch the World's Favourite Football Prediction Game - Predicting the Blues.

The rules are simple. Anyone can enter. All you have to do is predict the score for the forthcoming Albion game - on the thread that I will start about a week before the game is due to be played.

You'll score points, depending on how good your prediction is.

There's one minor change to the scoring system for this season - see below.

But there'll be no change to the name of the game. We've heard all the arguments before. Just blame Hans Kraay who dreamt the thing up a couple of seasons back.

The SCORING System and other RULES:-

Predicting the correct outcome of the game (home win, draw or away win) - ONE point

Correctly predicting the number of goals the ALBION will score - ONE point

Correctly predicting the number of goals the Albion's OPPONENTS will score - ONE point

Correctly predicting the winning margin AND the winning team (or correctly predicting a DRAW) - ONE BONUS POINT

Correctly predicting ALL OF THE ABOVE (ie being right) - ONE EXTRA BONUS POINT

This means that there is a maximum of FIVE points to be scored for each game.

Players will be ranked in an overall league table, calculated by taking the AVERAGE SCORE they have achieved for the games they have entered.

A minimum of EIGHT entries during the season will be necessary if you are to figure in the final league table.

Once they have joined, any player who misses SIX GAMES IN A ROW will be expelled from the competition, but will be permitted to rejoin at any time, although earlier results will be expunged.

Predictions are invited for all league and cup games. The score at the end of play (including any extra time played) will be the score that counts. Goals scored in a penalty shoot-out do not count.

All predictions must be posted BEFORE the scheduled kick-off time. NSC Time will apply to the competition, not GMT or BST or any other system that applies in the real world. This is a virtual competition that is worthless and has no prizes for any winners, unless a major benefactor steps forward.

I'll provide a regular update of how everyone's doing. Just like last year, there will be several different league tables - all designed to ensure that no-one really knows who is winning. And at the end of the season, I'll pronounce Trigger to be the winner.

:(

So get going - Post your predictions for the OLDHAM ATHLETIC game on this thread.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Woohoo!!! The footy season is officially back :D

Oldham 1-2 Albion

Knight
Carpenter

I can't see us getting a clean sheet but we'll win!

:)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Oldham 0 Albion 0.

My excitement knows no limits.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Looking in to my crystal ball...

...Oldham Athletic 1 - Brighton & Hove Albion 3

Knight (31), Knight (52), Carpenter (81)

:goal: :goal: :goal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here