Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Predict who the english striker is..........

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Re: Re: Predict who the english striker is..........

chicken run said:
Isnt fallon a kiwi???
[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.candcimporters.co.uk/images/products/kiwi.jpg
rory_fallon_203_203x152.jpg

i can see the resemblance

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Using a complex formula based on precedent and the law of probability, I’ve narrowed down our likely striking targets.

The main factors have been:

1 The surname will end in an O. The list of striking disappointments we’ve signed in recent years all did – Molango, Turienzo etc. And even when it worked – converting Virgo into a centre forward – there was an O at the end of things.

2 The first name will have a whiff of royalty or papacy about it. Albert. Sebastien. Leon. Alexander. Whether a crown prince, Royal Consort or Pope, these are the kind of names we go for. You just don’t get Waynes, Steves, Dereks or Chesneys at the Albion.

3 They will be lightweight, unlikely to ever grow over 5 foot 6 and touted as “one for the future”. See Leon, Jake etc.

4 There will be a sell-on clause from the club we buy them from. We’ll get royally shafted on this. We’ll then attempt to claw something back by putting our own sell-on clause on for the future. We’ll get royally shafted on this too.

5 They’ll be foreign innit (Molango, Turienzo etc), even if mainly just to spite Ernest and his ARS.

Following these principles, I have come up with the following hot tips:

1 Andrew Cogliano

Here’s why:
He’s a forward.
His surname ends with an O.
His first name matches a current Prince.
He’s small and “one for the future”. (Seeing as he’ll play for Team Canada at the 2006 World Junior Ice Hockey championships, he must be.)
There’ll probably be a sell-on clause from the Edmonton Oilers.
He’s foreign.

See http://proicehockey.about.com/od/international/a/06_junior_canad.htm for more!

2 Miao Miao

Here’s why:
She’s an attacking player.
Her surname ends in O.
Her first name sounds a bit like Chairman Mao, which is kind of like royalty. I guess.
She’s small (being ethnically Chinese and all) and, at a rising 88 in the world rankings, “one for the future”.
There’ll probably be a sell-on clause from Australian Table Tennis Foundation.
She’s foreign.

See http://www.pongworld.com/region/focus/australia.php for more!

3 Takeshi Kaneshiro

Here’s why:
He’s a “hitman”! Just what we need! (OK, he’s only playing a hitman, in a movie, but still…)
His surname ends in O.
There’s probably been some Emperor Takeshi at some point. And isn’t there some crap game show called Takeshi’s Castle on satellite telly? A castle’s got to be sort of royal, hasn’t it? So that ‘first name test’ is fine.
He’s small (being ethnically Japanese and all). And arguably one for the future, as he’s still in B-Moives and yet to get a big break.
There’ll probably be a sell-on clause as his agent will want a cut.
He’s foreign.

See http://www.j-fan.com/cinema/cinema.cgi?action=viewrev&selected=9 for more!

Expect to see any of all of these names on the Argus back page VERY soon.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
dunno said:
Christ - everytime there is a transfer window we seen to end up getting disappointed and we never seem to sign anybody until the 11th hour:censored: :censored:

What I want to know is whether the target of four players that was announed a few days ago, was the target BEFORE the club knew they had to act as a witness for the judical review - or whether they already knew about the £90/100,000 legal bill and budgeted for that as well as the four players. If they didn't I take it that's their way of saying 'sorry folks it's not four players anymore but we MIGHT get one or two for tuppance ha'penny and a bag of nuts'?????

Question for the Insider, perhaps?...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
From BBC sport:
Glenavon striker Shea Campbell is set to exit the club,Campbell joined the Lurgan Blues in August but boss Jim Brown has made the player available to other clubs. Brown said he is prepared to let former Linfield and Ballymena forward Campbell leave in order to bring new players into his squad.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
bhafc99 said:
1 The surname will end in an O.

2 The first name will have a whiff of royalty or papacy about it. Albert. Sebastien. Leon. Alexander.

3 They will be lightweight, unlikely to ever grow over 5 foot 6 and touted as “one for the future”.
Leon Knighto, he's got a good scoring rate for Swansea, apparantly.

:jester:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Ernest said:
Let's face it if Magoo signed Alan Shearer he'd play him at left back :angry: :angry: :angry:
We need a left back. Sign Shearer please Mr Magoo.

Oct 25, 2003
bhafc99 said:

3 Takeshi Kaneshiro

Here�s why:
He�s a �hitman�! Just what we need! (OK, he�s only playing a hitman, in a movie, but still�)
His surname ends in O.
There�s probably been some Emperor Takeshi at some point. And isn�t there some crap game show called Takeshi�s Castle on satellite telly? A castle�s got to be sort of royal, hasn�t it? So that �first name test� is fine.
He�s small (being ethnically Japanese and all). And arguably one for the future, as he�s still in B-Moives and yet to get a big break.
There�ll probably be a sell-on clause as his agent will want a cut.
He�s foreign.

See http://www.j-fan.com/cinema/cinema.cgi?action=viewrev&selected=9 for more!

Expect to see any of all of these names on the Argus back page VERY soon.

takeshi's castle is AMAZING

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Seeing as we're so strapped has anyone thought that the English striker could be Magoo coming out of retirement?

And before anyone says it, I know he's Scottish, but Scotland is England's biggest county :lolol:

It wouldn't surprise me you know

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here