Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Predict a world cup SHOCK

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd like to think Germany might fail to get out of their group because the group is wide open and Germany are fairly weak by their standards. However, I think they have just enough to qualify.

If I had to make one, it would be this:
Ivory Coast to top Group G, above Brazil and Portugal.

Got any of your own?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'd like to think Germany might fail to get out of their group because the group is wide open and Germany are fairly weak by their standards. However, I think they have just enough to qualify.

If I had to make one, it would be this:
Ivory Coast to top Group G, above Brazil and Portugal.

Got any of your own?

You would think they may have problems, I gather they have several players out injured not just Ballack ... but yet, they always seem to get results in the tournaments. Might snigger a little if they fail though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone predicting a first World Cup point for the New Zealand FLAIRMUNDOS?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
A shock would be if England didn't get through their Group...might put some money on that!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'd like to think Germany might fail to get out of their group
THREE people have posited the same idea to me this week. And all three of them started mumbling when I offered them a modest £10 bet that, in fact, Germany would.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
England win their group in style, playing some great football

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
THREE people have posited the same idea to me this week. And all three of them started mumbling when I offered them a modest £10 bet that, in fact, Germany would.
I think Germany will tear Australia and Ghana apart, and lose narrowly to Serbia.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
At evens?

If so, they could probably do a lot letter in the bookies, so it's no surprise they declined.

These weren't the bookie-frequenting types tbh, just a load of blokes in my office. I think they were talking ein haufen scheisse and realised it.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
No way the Germans will fail to get through, even if it is just behind Serbia. However shit they may look on paper (and Lahm, Schweinsteiger, etc are hardly that) they always turn up for the big tournaments.

If we had half their mental strength to go with our natural ability we'd be at least semi-finalists every time.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
England NOT to go out on penalties

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here