Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-season Training

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Once upon a time the Albion pre-season training meant frequently seeing the players getting a work out in Hove Park and on various runs up to Devils Dyke and back to burn off their summer excesses. Maybe some runs along the beach and Army PTIs subjecting them o the odd assault course. All very 'old school and militaristic'. I wonder if new-boy Hyypia will look to impose his authority with a Shankly-esque Liverpool 'sweat box' approach to training?

I'd like to think that the new training complex will allow a much more technical approach, especially with Buckley, Kaz and CMS all being a bit fragile....I can't see them being asked to carry a telegraph pole up Steyning Bostal and back. We certainly don't need any serious injuries before this season starts.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Nice one. Though I think asking Evelyn Waugh to open the new facility would be hampered significantly by the fact he died in 1966.

...and is therefore not even a Handful of Dust :lolol:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
When? Where? Has anyone else heard this?
On a related point: with Kaz, is it the case that because we've taken the option on his extra year mean that he's our player for next season?

I'm sure I read in the Argus that Hyypia understood Calde & Bruno had agreed terms but not anything officially confirming that from the club.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Once upon a time the Albion pre-season training meant frequently seeing the players getting a work out in Hove Park and on various runs up to Devils Dyke and back to burn off their summer excesses. Maybe some runs along the beach and Army PTIs subjecting them o the odd assault course. All very 'old school and militaristic'. I wonder if new-boy Hyypia will look to impose his authority with a Shankly-esque Liverpool 'sweat box' approach to training?

Wasn't Waterhall the pre-season venue of choice for the team back in the late 70's early 80's, including stints at the very same Falmer University site that they have enjoyed/endured in recent times.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The reality is that Ankergren, Calderon and Bruno are not exactly in demand elsewhere and I am pretty sure will be ours for the season.

I am a bit interested where PIG will end up. I would not be surprised to see him in League 1, which will shock many.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm hoping seagulls world will have a big feature on the new training ground , interviews with players. The coverage of the build has been pretty piss poor considering the level of interest on here.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm hoping seagulls world will have a big feature on the new training ground , interviews with players. The coverage of the build has been pretty piss poor considering the level of interest on here.

Well, now many photos of empty, half built brick structures & boxes of grass seeds can we take?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Despite the knowledge that they'll be worked to the bone for the next few weeks, there must be so much excitement from the players about it, after years of using the university.

Will there be a Lancing local celebrity officially opening the new training facility? :D

And are there actually any celebrities in Lancing?

Bernie Dawes, programme-seller of repute, he lives in Lancing l believe. Also probably Albion's oldest travelling fan. Maybe he should have been asked to open it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here