Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-Season Tour of Scotland July 2006 - A good idea?

Pre-Season Tour of Scotland July 2006?

• Great idea .. C'mon MM let's do it

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • Pants.. it's full of Sweaties

Votes: 21 35.6%

• Total voters

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
Great idea.. C'mon MM let's do it

Pants.. It's full of sweaties

Posted the idea on Ask the Club.. Seems to be building up a head of steam.

"Pre-season tour of Scotland for 2006/07?
Last year I asked the same question but didn't get an answer.

Have the arrangements for 2006/7 pre-season tour been considered as yet? If not, could I suggest MM looks into coming back up to Scotland?

I understand Stirling University has decent facilities, thanks to Sport Scotland; and for those fans travelling up from darn sarf there is the chance to sample some fantastic Scottish Ales... Bitter & Twisted; Deuchars IPA.. which compare with your very own Harveys of Lewes...

Fixtures could be arranged with a selection from the likes of the mighty Alloa Athletic, Stirling Albion, (or even Sauchie Juniors - for those who think it'd be fun to turn over Alan Hansen's old boys) Stenhousemuir, East Stirlingshire, Clyde all within a 20 odd mile radius, moving on to some stiffer opposition from Falkirk, Hibs, Hearts or maybe Aberdeen? And of course MM could convince his pal Gordon to agree to a real test against McVirgs and his Celtic mates....

BHAlba - the Scottish Seagulls - would ensure a vocal presence for the Albion and it would also give those of us who have been unable to see the Albion as often as we'd like to take in some action.

There are over 50 members of BHAlba living across Scotland with strong links to travelling Albion fans from down south, who do get to our local fixtures (eg. Preston, Leeds, Burnley, Sheffield, Sunderland, Carlisle, Hartlepool, Middlesbro etc) but a real "home" game would be nice.

A reply on here this time would be good, or on our website.

BHAlba website and contact details are:

www.bhalba.co.uk

Cheers"

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Where do you usually do your preseason tours? We've been at Celtic a few times in recent seasons, always good craic.

Think we're off to South AFrica or Scandinavia, again.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
A couple recently to Ireland (but I think we're banned - players and match officials pitch antics... not the fans) and last season France and local games.

I agree with going to play Celtic.. C'mon McVirgs, Strachan and MM .. Make it happen :clap: :clap: :angel:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
A tour would be good.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Skintagain 1983 said:

I agree with going to play Celtic..

Would definately be up for a pre-season tour up there, although I suspect we'd be hosted by MeadowBank T, Dumbarton or Stirling Albion rather than the hoops!
:jester:

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
Could even perhaps think about arranging a "friendly" 5 a-side against the Scottish Palarse Cupar Eagles (based in Fife and Tayside)? For REMF? Now that would be interesting.

http://palacescotland.tripod.com/

What do you think Lord B? :eek: :eek: :eek: :angry: :censored: :angel:

Last edited:

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
From thier website

RECORD DEFEAT
Cupar Eagles 3 Northern Lights 24 :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

'Mon the Northern Lights - quality

How about this on 18th Oct..

Chrystal Palarse 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 24
:clap: :bounce: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Skintagain 1983 said:
Could even perhaps think about arranging a "friendly" 5 a-side against the Scottish Palarse Cupar Eagles (based in Fife and Tayside)? For REMF? Now that would be interesting.

We were invited to play a team of Ricky Marlowe's mates in Scotland but as yet nothing has been organised.

This could be an ideal opportunity.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh sweet jesus YES

COWDENBEATH v BHA in a Pre-season friendly?....its the stuff DREAMS are made of :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dandyman

In London village.
Top idea. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Bring it on. :D

TheWolf

Apr 8, 2005
Wolverhampton
for the benefit of the 50 or so scottish exiles? NO you moved to that 3rd world country so lump it, wanna see us play get your arses back south.:salute:

Dandyman

In London village.
TheWolf said:
you moved to that 3rd world country...

Skint lives in Scotland not the midlands...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here