Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre season games and Poyet

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Taunton Town,Bridgwater,Wellington and culminating in the big match at Torquay.

I'll be there.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Well on Football Manager in my first pre-season I organized a decent set of friendlies including Arsenal, Everton and the Sri Lanka Army XI. Beat that Gus :rolleyes:

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
tour around europe pleaseee seeing as we probs wont get into Champions league/Europa league anytime soon:rolleyes:

Oct 25, 2003
Whatever we do needs to be the complete opposite of this season's pre-season as it evidently was catastrophically futile.

yep, same with many seasons before that aswell! we're so often painfully under prepared (might have more to do with the training than the friendlies)

i'd happily organise the "turienzo's lovechild flair challenge".......to be hosted at the withdean

i'll send out invitations to:-

1. Brighton & Hove Albion (obviously)
2. A Newcastle United Mid 90's Select XI
3. The Czech Republic Euro 2004 Team
4. Tony Yeboah's African All Stars
5. Aberdeen
6. Athletic Bilbao
7. Middlesbrough's 1997 FA Cup Final Team
8. Crawley Town

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I seem to recall SALDE being unhappy with the pre-season arrangements but I believe they were all arranged BEFORE he took over last season?

Could be wrong tho.

So maybe Gus already has stuff lined up? Be alot different when we get Falmer tho as are we only allowed one (maybe two) pre-season matches at Withers?

So we could have a return to the Arsenal and Tottingham pre-season friendlies at the Goldstone...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
So we could have a return to the Arsenal and Tottingham pre-season friendlies at the Goldstone...

I was at the Tottenham pre-season friendly. I must have been 9 years old (1994?). I remember sitting in the South stand and being in awe of Ian Walker, Nick Barnby, Sol Campbell and Teddy Sheringham.

If I remember correctly, the pitch was a bit smaller than it usually was.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I seem to recall SALDE being unhappy with the pre-season arrangements but I believe they were all arranged BEFORE he took over last season?

Could be wrong tho.

So maybe Gus already has stuff lined up? Be alot different when we get Falmer tho as are we only allowed one (maybe two) pre-season matches at Withers?

I believe Russell was unhappy due to the lack of time he had to prepare it. He couldn't prepare them on his short term contract while he was keeping us up and by the time he had his long term contract, most teams friendlies were already sorted out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here