Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre Season Friendly vs West Brom @ Amex - Saturday 5th September, ***2pm***

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So the feedback from the Chelsea game was positive, so we go back to behind closed doors rather than increasing the numbers able to attend to see how that goes.

At least there is a stream to watch

And the Government are pushing for people to return to their office desks, and have a whole campaign on getting back to enjoying what you have missed, so you would have thought that they and the PL would have been eager to build on the success and go a step further to increasing attendance.

Obviously not to be.

Not sure where you're going with this.

None of the data for Covid cases (14 days lapse) are in.

On a technical level, many things worked well for a 2,500 capacity game. It should work well, therefore for a 5,000 capacity game, assuming the fans are spread far and wide enough apart at the stadium. But that doesn't take into account entry, egress, transport and so on. The ratio of people who can park at a 5,000-capacity game will be different to those parking at a 2,500-capacity game. Ditto for those who take the train / bus.

But until all the symptom-led cases data are in, no-one can plan anything with any degree of certainty yet.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
In meetings between the FSA and the PL, yes it has. Brighton was (is) only one of three grounds who could have hosted that test event.

The PL is, in effect, throwing down the challenge to each and every club to come up with a percentage that will, in the first round of matches, be safe. Selhurst and Goodison are grounds that have been specifically earmarked as 'potential pinchpoints'. There may have been others.

It leads us to another argument - i.e. are the limits going to be set by percentage, or by safe numbers? For instance, 25% at the Amex is around 7,500 or so, while 25% at Old Trafford is about 18,000. Or... is it set at a nominal amount - say... 10,000?

It's just that it appears Brighton is ahead of the curve on this.

I've been wondering if fans are going to get let in on a club to club basis and if it will it be considered fair play to do that?
I had read that there is no home advantage at the moment. Only when the fans are present.

Also I imagine some clubs will get bans if they can't control their fans.
At least one club's moronic fan base comes to mind...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I had read that there is no home advantage at the moment. Only when the fans are present.

Reading didn't go up last season , so nothing to worry about really .

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
You better tell Arsenal Football Club that they are also deluded :thumbsup:

Plans are in place for a limited number of fans at the 3rd October game vs Sheffield United, based on current guidelines.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/202021-season-tickets-and-reduced-capacity-games

"we hope to be able to welcome supporters back to Emirates Stadium on a reduced capacity basis from the Sheffield United game scheduled for Saturday 3 October."

I very much doubt this will happen unless all other home games are allowed home support.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Can anyone advise if it's possible to watch the game on MyAlbion whilst overseas? (I'm currently in Munich)
I don't have a VPN.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've been wondering if fans are going to get let in on a club to club basis and if it will it be considered fair play to do that?

We were discussing this on this week's Roar.

My attitude is - for once - an 'I'm Alright, Jack' approach inasmuch as the Albion have pulled their finger out and moved ahead with preparations and plans for a number of scenarios. If other clubs can't keep up with that, nor treat their fans a bit more openly - sod 'em.

There is, of course, the more probable scenario of whatever gets agreed is done so across the division. It's just I can think of at least a couple of clubs who really do drag their feet when it comes to considering their fans, and would end up slowing the entire process.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
the mytv player seems to be on an endless "you need to log in to view" loop, log in, click to view, says you need to log in!-for all video not just the match

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Anyone know the lineups?

94625B6A-F910-49B1-887A-833466049202.jpeg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
One striker in squad.

No Pröpper or Izzy.

Bernardo only makes the bench.

Alzate RWB.

Is Izzy even back in the country yet? Wasn't he recovering in Colombia when lockdowns started happening and Colombia have had their borders pretty much closed until the start of September.

I think I would rather march rwb Bernardo lwb alzate in the middle surprised Cochrane ain’t there he must be closing on a loan somewhere

The U23's start their season on Tuesday with a game against Orient in the JPT (or whatever it is called now). A majority of them were never going to be involved today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here