Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre match routine at Falmer.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
What do you lot intend to do on match days at Falmer? How will you get there?

Personally, living east of the site, I would get the train to Lewes. Have a few beers in the numerous top notch drinking holes the place has to offer then hope back on the train for the short hop to Falmer.

Just before going in the ground I'd nip up to the pond for a quick piss.

After the game it's back on the train home.

Marvellous scences!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Probably drive to Lewes and leave the car at the mother in laws and hop on the train to Falmer - on the assumption that the train ticket will be included in the price of the ticket

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bars at Sussex University if they will still let me in!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Go for a pint of three in Falmer village pub, "Wearing the stripes!"

Stroll down to the "Amex Arena!" listening to "Seagull Sounds on the Radio" play around the ground as I walk alongside the stadium!

:flameboun

Last edited:

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
yep a nice calming walk through the village in colours to mull over the game before us. pop in the olwe Swan to see the ever so welcoming landlord if he is there have a few beers with him and the locals discuss the forthcoming game then all stroll along to the game together YOUR SH*T AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Lammy said:
Just before going in the ground I'd nip up to the pond for a quick piss.

So are we deciding it's too late for a charm offensive to try and win over the locals then.

Personally, I intend on running a few local errands, just as a thank you to the locals for permitting us to play footie, anywhere near them.

First up, meals on wheels deliveries to the elderly population. As I go round I'll take note of any odd jobs, or gardening that needs doing, and I'll return later, probably after the game to help out.

Feed the ducks. The pond is the centre of their local community, and as such I think they'll really appreciate some care and attention taken in this direction.

Litter duty. Obviously after the excellent work we have done improving the streets around Withdean, it would be worthwhile adding my expertise to the village of Falmer. I'm sure many of the infirmed residents find bending to use the poop scoop a bit much, so I'll take care of any dog waste while I'm at it.

In addition, I'll obviously be in touch with Lewes Council to see what other local volunteer organisation I can join.

Crammed in the middle of my busy day will be the game.

Marvellous.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I would probably land my helicopter next to Falmer pond, before setting up my mobile bar and inviting a few hundred away fans in for a drink or two next to the giant screen and speakers assembled so we can all watch Soccer Saturday.

Then over to the ground to line up against the wall, so that Mark McGhee can come and pick his 11 players for the match (obviously we won't have any left by then).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Apparently a park & ride is supposed to be operating from Brighton Racecourse. As that's near me I guess it'd be a few beers in the cuthbert and a stroll up the hill to the racecourse.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Does any one know if there are plans for a members bar / club on site? If not drinks in Hove then on the train to Falmer, though may be better to drink near Brighton station! :drink: :drink:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Falmer is a good location as it is only 8 minutes ish from both Lewes and Brighton stations (and even London road station has a decent pub next to it) so there will be plenty of pubs to drink in then jump on a train. The 25 goes along Lewes Road and there are some good pubs there.

It is also 15 minutes drive from places like Haywards Heath so maybe some people will drink at home and then jump in the car.

:falmer:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
fatboy said:
It is also 15 minutes drive from places like Haywards Heath so maybe some people will drink at home and then jump in the car.

:falmer:

Not one of your better suggestions. Why not simply drive to Falmer village, park up and collect your car the next day?

They don't have permit parking do they?

I don't think I'll bother going.

With a secure future for the Club and nothing to campaign for, what's the point?

Anyone fancy reviving the Brighton Tigers Ice Hockey team? There's a cause we could all get behind.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Few beers in the Rosehill, Cobblers, The Engineer
(if I fancy some EXCELLENT Ham , Egg and Chips) or even the Railway before hopping on the train at London Road station.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Lammy said:
Not one of your better suggestions. Why not simply drive to Falmer village, park up and collect your car the next day?

They don't have permit parking do they?

Why not?

One of the best pre match drinkign sessions I've had this season was going to The United Services Social Club in HH with Buzza and co and drinking cider at about £1.50 a pint and then getting in the car at 2.40 and heading to Withdean!

Cheap :drink: :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here