Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre Match Nerves Like Never Before!

Apr 12, 2011
I've been feeling that way all week, but worse yesterday and this morning.

It's going to be a good day anyway. The sun is shining and the Amex is going to be packed. Let's get behind the boys like we know we can. Roll on 12.30.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Incredibly nervous and excited in equal amounts today.

Football playlist for my two hour journey includes FBS Right here right now, Lightning Seeds - LOR, Tribe called quest - can you kick it?, Three Lions, a bit of ELO, some Oasis and assorted others designed to help me reach a plateau of energy as I arrive at the stadium, promptly neck 5 pints to calm the nerves then probably fall asleep and miss the game.

Football, jumpers for goal posts, running home to mummy's bosom, will he won't he score, sore knee ouch. Bit of tears. Marvellous.

This is what it's all about.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Enormous game today.

Sympathies to [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] who is at the airport in Berlin only to find out that his flight has been delayed by 3 hours, so he can't make it to the match.

HT. He's one of our own.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By all means be nervous, but don't let those nerves turn into whinging if a pass goes astray. Be positive, get behind the team.
Exactly this.

If we show our nerves like we usually do, it will affect the team.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
I was getting the nerves travelling up from the new forest last night. My head was telling me it's only a game...my heart was saying yeah right...more important than that.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Enormous game today.

Sympathies to [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] who is at the airport in Berlin only to find out that his flight has been delayed by 3 hours, so he can't make it to the match.

HT. He's one of our own.

That is terrible bad luck, really feel sorry for him.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Enormous game today.

HT. He's one of our own.

There must be a tv somewhere at the airport. That would piss me off massively though.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
Oh how exciting.....:drink::banana::rave:

Let's tap into these nerves and turn them into NOISE, proper noise the stadium is going to rock:rock:

Strong solid performance from fans = Strong solid performance from players.........3 points today is really going to mix things up.

Come on Albion let's do this.

As much as I agree with you. The sell out means that there's a whole bunch of new "fans" I have a slight feeling the atmosphere might be a bit crap considering what one would expect with a sell out crowd.

That being said, a decent atmosphere can be infectious.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As much as I agree with you. The sell out means that there's a whole bunch of new "fans" I have a slight feeling the atmosphere might be a bit crap considering what one would expect with a sell out crowd.

That being said, a decent atmosphere can be infectious.
Probably doesn't mean new fans. It just means that every fan that attends 5-6 games a season will have chosen to attend this one, for good reason.

Jul 20, 2003
I had to work in a pub until 2 this morning and had a nagging worry that I was going to be in no fit state for this as I'm getting on a bit and in pretty shit health.

However, I am BUZZING!

BRING IT!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does it really matter what type of fans they are ?

Perhaps there should be an exam before you enter the ground and if you do not pass you cannot go in.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
All fans are fans, whether they make it to every game or a few. I've supported Albion for 40 years since my family moved to Brighton in the 70s. As an exile I can't make many games, but I have still supported them through thick and thin. Today is potentially one of the most important games in our history. It takes me back to the first time we were pushing to go up to league one. I was much younger, but today am no less excited.

I'm just waking up in a hotel room In Boston on a work trip (5.30am here). I've organised my schedule so that I can listen into the game. I don't know how we will get on. I think that it will be a very tough game against a very good team which has stronger individual players. However a win would put is right in the mix. A draw should keep us competitive for an automatic promotion place.

Go seagulls - there's nothing to lose , so no need for nerves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here