Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre match entertainment at The Amex

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
stock-photo-sumy-june-female-brass-band-performance-at-celebration-of-the-constitution-of-ukraine-on-56175055.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
444809.jpg

I think our public schoolboy friend might have something more like this in mind.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'm all for having a marching band perform Sussex by the sea for the first game but not every match.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Are you old enough to remember those days?

Yes I am - I'm nearly 60 - and I have found little or no entertainment value in military marching brass bands. A short set played by a rock or a blues band would be different.

A couple of seasons ago, the Christ's Hospital Band was entertaining - purely from a novelty point of view, and that they played GOSBTS as the team appeared; but to have this week in week out would have me screaming for the return of Atilla.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Would it be possible to go back to the days of having a marching band providing entertainment as we used to have at The Goldstone?

Blimey, that's brought back some funny memories.
Anyone on here remember the old boy who couldn't march as fast as the others with the big old bass drum. They'd all disappeared up the tunnel and he was still left on the halfway line!!

Yes I am - I'm nearly 60 - and I have found little or no entertainment value in military marching brass bands. A short set played by a rock or a blues band would be different.

A couple of seasons ago, the Christ's Hospital Band was entertaining - purely from a novelty point of view, and that they played GOSBTS as the team appeared; but to have this week in week out would have me screaming for the return of Atilla.

Rock at The Amex. I think the Falmer WI might have something to say about that but I do agree AC/DC would be a great way to start.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Rock at The Amex. I think the Falmer WI might have something to say about that but I do agree AC/DC would be a great way to start.

You'd be surprised. I bet a few of them were sneaking behind the bike sheds at Roedean for a quick spliff or working out to the Grateful Dead and Tangerine Dream while mummy and daddy were at the Annual Rotarian Dinner at the Metropole. I certainly remember one that went like a steam train circa 1973. Roedean Girls, providing services to Brighton College since 1885.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This.

And sky dancers.

And for a final bit of nostalgia-can we have the Sussex Police Dogs doing their routines at half time?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Bearing in mind that we're going to have some impressive big screens and presumably a sound system to match, maybe the club should think about filming a good a band properly and cutting that as a video to play when the team comes out.... it could be re-cut to include Albion action as the season progresses...just a thought. Could look very smart if done properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here