Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pre match drinking at the amex

Jan 30, 2008
Mate, I'm in the same boat as you. What I currently plan to do is park near Lewes Prison (plenty of parking on Nevill Estate from what I can see), and then take a 28 or 29 bus, which run every 15 minutes, to the stadium, unless of course they impose residents' schemes in Lewes or the parking fills up. What is out of the question is parking in Coldean, as apparently there will be a voluntary residents' scheme there. Drinking wise, not sure. Might do the concourse or somewhere in Lewes before the match, but I'm not too keen to stand for hours afterwards, so might try to get in the supporters' bar. Being in the North Stand means one is quite close to it. Mate of mine was suggesting Brighton Trades and Labour Club on Lewes Road, but that's in the wrong direction for me.
you're having a laugh , have you been to nevill estate recently :dunce:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
pints in town probably, some sort of transport to the ground to arrive at 2.55, straight out afterwards

BennettSays

Jun 30, 2011
You would think the studenty pubs like The Bear, The Gladstone and The Lecturn would do quite well on Lewes Road, being near the bus route

Chris the florist told me The Lectern is giving Brighton ticket holders a discount on match days. Reckon I'll be there. Next door to the Park & Ride at Mithras House as well.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
time to bounce this thread me thinks , had a lot more time to think about it now and imo the first game is Saturday so where is everyone going

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
You would think the studenty pubs like The Bear, The Gladstone and The Lecturn would do quite well on Lewes Road, being near the bus route

I know the Bear are doing matchday discounts on food and drink for people with AMEX cards, so I'll probably have an all day breakfast before heading to the ground

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would love a pre-match pie and a pint at the Amex as standard, but will give them another two games to sort out the shambolic service at the kiosks. Then will pronounce 'lifes too short' and drink in town and prob have one of these lovely pasties out the station kiosk instead. Club's loss :shrug:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Would love a pre-match pie and a pint at the Amex as standard, but will give them another two games to sort out the shambolic service at the kiosks. Then will pronounce 'lifes too short' and drink in town and prob have one of these lovely pasties out the station kiosk instead. Club's loss :shrug:

Hi 'Tom'

I know what you are saying and it would be really sweet to be standing in the WSU concourse with one's mates, a beer and a pie and able to look over the surrounding countryside, taking it all in until the next round etc., but how many of those fabulous pies can any one person consume at a time ?

May have to be hoisted out !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hi 'Tom'

I know what you are saying and it would be really sweet to be standing in the WSU concourse with one's mates, a beer and a pie and able to look over the surrounding countryside, taking it all in until the next beer etc., but how many of those fabulous pies can any one person consume at a time ?

Um, not sure I follow your drift. Is the answer 'one pie and several beers'? Not a lot to ask.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Surely the Hikers Rest will be the pub for the away fans???

lol

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Does anyone know if you can go to the Supporters Bar before match whichever stand your seats are in?

It is my understanding, which should of course be read in context, that the supporters bar is accessed from the outside, ie. inaccessible from any part of the stadium 'within' , and, accessible therefore only from outside before you swipe your card to enter your chosen concourse.

So, I suppose, the answer is yes just so long as you can get in there before the 250 others who will fill it to capacity - but it's a nice thought !

The Lectern

Jul 30, 2011
Calling all Seagulls fans .. Check out these special matchday offers at The Lectern. Lewes Road's biggest and best pub.

Fosters £2.80
Strongbow £2.85
Harveys £2.80
Burgers from £2.50

Next door to Mithras House park & ride. Opposite B&Q.

The Lectern, Lewes Road, Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here