Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pre match drinking at the amex

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Will probabaly be The Bear on Lewes Road followed by a pre match pint at the ground.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Think drinking on lewes road or near London road station will be risky as the buses/trains will be full by this point.

Jan 30, 2008
been a few discussions on here about where people are going to be drinking before a match .
i havent made my mind up yet but i gather it will be just all the pubs along lewes road ?

where are you going to be drinking and what do we think will become the 'main' albion pub
billy no mates alert :rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else taking advantage of the club run coaches from various pubs and cities. Apparently the club are running coaches to games from as far away as Reading and Havant.

What would be really useful on here would be a sub-forum where pubs/cities could advertise the coaches they intend to run to Falmer, with details of cost, loose terms & conditions etc.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
looks as if everyones going to be all over the place with quiet a few in the stadium its self , i think were probably do a bit of trail and error and see what works best . probably end up in the hikers most of the time

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Anybody else taking advantage of the club run coaches from various pubs and cities. Apparently the club are running coaches to games from as far away as Reading and Havant.

Plan to give this a go first season & see how it goes. An hour drinking in the Amex before kick off & half an hour or so after.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Will the ground show 12.30kick off game - if so will this be limited to supporters bar or the bars on the concourse

And would the stadium bars stay open to watch a 5.30 game ???

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I'm thinking the pubs either side of London Road station. Not footballing pubs by any stretch of the imagination, in fact they're both a bit snotty, but heigh-ho, a man's gotta do... Unless the pre-match drinking at the ground turns out to be OK, that is.

The landlords will be glad for the business.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
On the half dozen or so occasions per season I'll make a match at the AMEX I think I'll give Brighton a swerve and have lunch in a nice quiet pub in Lewes instead. Then train in from Lewes and then train back to Lewes, afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here