Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poyets relationship to the fans, and sundays game re: suarez....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Let's just say if you had words with a workmate and he went running to the boss and got you suspended for it would you shake his hand, I doudt it. There should have been no handshakes before this game and only the 2 players involved really know what happened.

southstandg

Dec 17, 2010
Sussex by the sea
The word 'Negro' being used in England in my eyes is racist, but if it's acceptable in South America then so be-it, however Suarez wasn't in South America when he said it. Anyway we should all move on and give Brighton as much support as possible; even if it comes to getting on Suarez's back.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I am not defending Suarez. in fact I'm being slated by my m8's because I think he SHOULD have shook evra's hand. However it does not alter the facts:
The FA did not ban Suarez for racism.
"Negroa or Negrito" is a common, friendly, colloquial term in South America.
However much I like Suarez no one is bigger than the club, including Kenny, Gerrard and any other player past or present. That is why I have no problem if he leaves in the summer.
I work as a translator for a living, courts, immigration, hospitals bla, bla bla. In his own county he was NOT racist, saying what he did.
That does not mean that LFC or any other club should not train the players they sign from overseas in OUR culture in order for them to not make this type of mistake.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Let's just say if you had words with a workmate and he went running to the boss and got you suspended for it would you shake his hand, I doudt it. There should have been no handshakes before this game and only the 2 players involved really know what happened.

Sorry, had to be done :D

Attachments

• wm.jpg
    wm.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 34

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Fair enough.
I remember listening to the radio, on the way home, and thinking:-
'Blimey Gus, give us something'!.

Personally I go to football to watch my team I don't need the manager to come round thanking me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am not defending Suarez. in fact I'm being slated by my m8's because I think he SHOULD have shook evra's hand. However it does not alter the facts:
The FA did not ban Suarez for racism.
However much I like Suarez no one is bigger than the club, including Kenny, Gerrard and any other player past or present. That is why I have no problem if he leaves in the summer.
I work as a translator for a living, courts, immigration, hospitals bla, bla bla. In his own county he was NOT racist, saying what he did.
That does not mean that LFC or any other club should not train the players they sign from overseas in OUR culture in order for them to not make this type of mistake.
I'd honestly have more respect for you if you told the truth.

We all know that negrito can be used colloquially in a friendly manner, but it's all about context. And the context in which this was said was NOT friendly. Therefore it is racist. Clearly, to everyone else.

Now as far as I'm concerned, it's a stupid thing to say, but it would be much healthier to debate whether a sense of perspective needs to be realised in discussing this. I thought an eight match ban was excessive, and some of the stuff on this forum was ridiculously over the top in assessing what he'd done. But please don't tell us long after the event that it wasn't a racist remark, we all know it was. Your post is nothing other than typical apologist bollocks we've come to expect from bin dippers happy to play the victim in all of this.

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
even bar the recent events he is a miserable excuse for a human being. Done some vile things on the field and is scum. Deserves a barrage of abuse at every football stadium he ever plays in.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'd honestly have more respect for you if you told the truth.

We all know that negrito can be used colloquially in a friendly manner, but it's all about context. And the context in which this was said was NOT friendly. Therefore it is racist. Clearly, to everyone else.

Now as far as I'm concerned, it's a stupid thing to say, but it would be much healthier to debate whether a sense of perspective needs to be realised in discussing this. I thought an eight match ban was excessive, and some of the stuff on this forum was ridiculously over the top in assessing what he'd done. But please don't tell us long after the event that it wasn't a racist remark, we all know it was. Your post is nothing other than typical apologist bollocks we've come to expect from bin dippers happy to play the victim in all of this.

Despite the media speculation before, the inquiry found that Suarez did not use the word 'negrito'. Both Suarez and Evra's accounts were that he used the word 'negro'. Still, that does not negate some of the broader points you are making.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
So you're saying that Poyet has no particular regard for BHA fans but that we should tread around him on eggshells just in case we piss him off? Utterly absured - give Suarez as much grief as you can I say just to piss Poyet off.

No you're wrong, the Neanderthals at Withdean that boo'd the passing saw to it that we must tread eggshells for ever more. That booing changed MY attitude towards our fans so f*** knows what it did to him. Well, in fact we do know what it did to him. At least that he'll say nicer things about other clubs before he does BHA.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

again, that's not what was reported as what was said. That's what people imagined he might have said before the report came out.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Those of you saying you shouldn't say how you really feel about Suarez for fear of pissing Poyet off, how f***ing small time are you?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
So the fact he has been told this by many people, banned for 8 games because of it and it's been in the British media for the week before the re-match at the weekend he STILL refused a hand shake means it's 'cultural differences'? Right......

f***ing hell take a break, if I took a shit in Evra's wifes handbag, beat up his brother & robbed his house I STILL wouldn't apologise to the scummy ****.

Suarez was well within his rights to refuse to shake hands. Why the hell the Liverpool owners decided to get involved and force him to apologise is beyond me.

Edit: This is just an example as I have no evidence to suggest that Evra has a wife, a brother or a house.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Suarez was well within his rights to refuse to shake hands. Why the hell the Liverpool owners decided to get involved and force him to apologise is beyond me.
Well within his rights not to shake the hand of a man he racially abused? Wow, are you seriously that thick!?

For any of the absolute mugs defending Suarez, you've only got to look at his track record and conduct over his career: banned by Ajax for fighting with a team mate, bit an opponent on the shoulder in a match in Holland, constant diving cheating and imaginary card waving and not to mention his antics at the world cup. Nasty, vile piece of work.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
For any of the absolute mugs defending Suarez, you've only got to look at his track record and conduct over his career: banned by Ajax for fighting with a team mate, bit an opponent on the shoulder in a match in Holland, constant diving cheating and imaginary card waving and not to mention his antics at the world cup. Nasty, vile piece of work.

well said! as for anyone saying it wasnt racist, from the transcript i read after he said what he said to evra, evra asked him exactly what he meant by it and he went up to him and pinched his skin on his arm and repeated it!?!! How is that not racist?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Well within his rights not to shake the hand of a man he racially abused? Wow, are you seriously that thick!?

Have a look at your mate Evra, who is a total ****. Not sure how anybody could disagree with that. At least Suarez has admitted what he said. Evra hasnt even got the decency to do that!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here