Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets gone. Garcia opts for hoofball.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I hope to dear god we're not going to become just another average championship side. I thought Oscar was committed to the same style of football that we had under Poyet? Or are we just going to be another Derby County?

Will we ever find out why Poyet was sacked and whether it was justified? Was really hoping it would all be forgotten under Garcia, but looks unlikely going on the reports of tonight's game. What a missed opportunity it could prove to be - brilliant young manager, beautiful possession football, chance to build a real legacy, all sacrificed for a clash of egos. Barber has a lot to answer for.

Just in case you're serious: we lost A FRIENDLY. If people are going to bleat after every defeat this year it's going to be a long season. Poyet has gone-get over it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Average championship side is a brilliant thing . This league is quality . Derby county ? ? Well supported passionate team with good pride and history . Plenty of youth in their side and not a bad side at all . .. Could be much much worse.

Seriously though, I wonder what the response of the Poyet-haters on here will be if we fail to make the play-offs? All those who wanted him out and were pleased when he was sacked... Presumably they'll be happy with mid-table mediocrity (or worse) playing a more 'direct' style of Championship football?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What a missed opportunity it could prove to be - brilliant young manager, beautiful possession football, chance to build a real legacy, all sacrificed for a clash of egos. Barber has a lot to answer for.

You're spot on there, but come on its only a friendly and the new guy has only been in charge for a few weeks. I still believe Gus has built a legacy that Oscar will work to continue. But we have to give Oscar the same patience over the first few months that we did Gus. He didn't start out tearing the league a new one, and neither will Oscar. He needs time to build, and if it ends up with us in the play-offs at the end, great, but if not I hope a foundation will be there for 2014-15.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So disappointed tonight. Went expecting the new flair type of football. Watched us play hoofball and lose it all.evening.
If we play anything like that at Leeds next week it could be a cricket score. Thomas needs to have the game of his life if we are to get a 0-0. We need a rapid improvement against Norwich or 5-6 signings. Absolute pants tonight.

But who do you DO?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Apparently Oscar is already getting frustrated with the club about their inability to get signings completed so it would seem that their already a few problems behind the scenes.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
friendlies mean NOTHING....all about fitness.

Don't agree at all. Whilst I'm not on the pessimistic bandwagon, friendlies do have significance and will sort out the teams shape and playing style, provide match sharpness and also in the event of a winning run get the team into good habits.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Oh dear, perhaps the honeymoon is already over, if it ever actually started.......

Result from yesterday is not important at all, but the board surely needs to get serious about supporting the manager, and quickly too if this is going to work......feels a bit shaky to me.

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
As most premership teams have now decided which players need Loan experience and which will stay it could be a busy week for transfers and laon deals

A Big powerful center midfielder and a creative one with pace is what I feel we must find, I think there will be a lot of movement this week will most teams.

As normal a number of Arsenal and Chelsea youngsters will be linked as loan deals and I guess it's down to what OG and the the club find

Quality over numbers for me!!!

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Quality over numbers for me!!!

That is certainly true. If the players Oscar wants are not available yet then that explains the lack of transfer action. If we are missing out on players we want then that would be a worry. Things might be clearer next week.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There is still nothing on the official site about Agustien signing even though this clearly happened yesterday.

Not according to OG's post match interview.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
The nobs who resort to singular comments like 'yawn' 'troll' etc, should either say more, or say less. This is the mentality of the schoolyard bullies - it's football, full of vagaries and differing opinions. It's not clever to run in a mob - get over yourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here