Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets contract

Extend hs contract?

• Not yet he might turn out to be rubbish next season.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Give him another year, let him lead te team out at Falmer

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Give him another two years.

Votes: 61 42.4%
  • Sign him up for as many years as asks for.

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • Not bothered.

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I'm not sure about the length of contract he should be offered tbh - or indeed what he would want. The thing is, he knows his continued presence is universally & mahoosively appreciated at our club: & a big contract isn't gonna stop him going elsewhere if & when he wants off (or a one of the really big clubs comes a knocking).

If we assume he will be successful here, and that he will be off to somewhere bigger in the future, then a longer contract makes sense so we get good compensation when he eventually leaves.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If we assume he will be successful here, and that he will be off to somewhere bigger in the future, then a longer contract makes sense so we get good compensation when he eventually leaves.

Yep, that's a jolly good point there hon. :wink:

ps Bearing in mind Gus has just said he wants a 3-4 year deal, I reckon that's what he should get (& I've absolutely no doubt he'll get it). Great deal all round innit. :thumbsup:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i think he should get the contract he wants and now, if we piss about he might go elsewhere.

he's obviously not short of a few bob so idon't think his demands are money driven, he's a family man so he probable just wants a bit of security in his job before he drags them away from orpington.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For everyone saying give him as long as he wants, just look at the Liverpool and Rafa saga which is a complete farce

Yeah but that was LAUGHABLE when it was awarded. Rafa´s a joke of a manager. Gus isn´t.

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
To compare Gus (hallowed be thye name) to that fricking bearded amigo is wrong. Don't do it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm not comparing Gus to Rafa, just the situation. I don't see how a good 6 months qualifies a league one club, who have a distinct habit of getting through managers pretty quickly, to give someone a ridicously long contract. It would be nothing short of foolish and is exactly how clubs end up in the shit

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
2 or 3 year contract gives us security and a fair bit of compo should he poached by another team but it was would also lead to a hefty settlement should the need to get rid ever arise. Its a difficult one but think Bloom will give him another 2 years on top of the year left so he can implement change at the club and get it running just the way he wants

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here