Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets contract

Extend hs contract?

• Not yet he might turn out to be rubbish next season.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Give him another year, let him lead te team out at Falmer

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Give him another two years.

Votes: 61 42.4%
  • Sign him up for as many years as asks for.

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • Not bothered.

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Give him as long as he wants.

From the impression I get, if Poyet was struggling, and was clearly not wanted by the fans, he would walk away if the club wanted him too.

So sign him up for as long as he wants to commit for:drool:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
2 years sounds about right. Be nice to stick with a manager too.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
A club in our position should never give ANY manager more than 2 years. Things can go wrong very quickly and we don't want to be in a position where we are reluctant to sack a badly performing manager because of a long contract. Once he's been here a few years and we're in the Championship doing well then maybe commit for a longer period. It's still early doors

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
two years - everytime we have handed out a three year contract it has all turned sour

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
A club in our position should never give ANY manager more than 2 years. Things can go wrong very quickly and we don't want to be in a position where we are reluctant to sack a badly performing manager because of a long contract. Once he's been here a few years and we're in the Championship doing well then maybe commit for a longer period. It's still early doors

This.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
2 years, with a clause that if we get promoted, it gets extended by a further year

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I can't believe how many people advocate signing him up for as long as he wants, what if he takes a ten year contract and it all goes sour after a couple of years, how much would it cost us to pay him off?

The Albion have been here before, where we have needed to get rid of a manager but had to continue paying them, in the long run it just does not make good business sense.

Much as I like what Gus is doing, and hope he is here for a very long time indeed, I feel a two year contract would be a fair and wise decision for all parties. At least from Gus's point of view it would put him in a very strong bargaining position if it all goes swimmingly over the next couple of seasons.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
As many as he wants, which seems to be three years. Unlike Calderon and Forster, he is clearly a man with a sense of loyalty and I'd like to see us repay that.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
on SSN now, says he is happy & looking to sign 3-4 years. :clap2:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm not sure about the length of contract he should be offered tbh - or indeed what he would want. The thing is, he knows his continued presence is universally & mahoosively appreciated at our club: & a big contract isn't gonna stop him going elsewhere if & when he wants off (or a one of the really big clubs comes a knocking).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here