Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poyet

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Poyet's going nowhere. After his very public 'spat' over Calderon agreeing a contract and then chasing the green, Poyet would be a massive hypocrite to leave. And with Falmer the following season, he's a stayer for at least a couple more seasons! :clap:

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Poyet is a man of principle, he's always said he is grateful to the club for giving him his chance and he wouldnt be leaving for anyone unless it was a top top offer (i.e. premiership). He'll be staying without a doubt

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems like a manager in a hurry. Very much doubt he sees us than anything other than a springboard to where he wants to be. And would never put any money on him loving us longtime. But as Dick Knight used to say, as long as a a manager leaves the club in a better state than when he arrived, that's all he asks. DK maintained there was always a long list of 'name' managers queueing up to take the place of the outgoing manager. It could be argued that if he's got Elphick and El-Abd at least trying to play the ball on the ground, then Poyet's already left the club in a better state than it was before.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Seems like a manager in a hurry.

Do you really think so? He played second fiddle for quite sometime at three different clubs and clearly had some offers along the way before selecting the job that he thought would be good for him. Besides, a contract extension is not fatal. It just means that the willing party will have to pay more cash if they really want him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Seems like a manager in a hurry. Very much doubt he sees us than anything other than a springboard to where he wants to be. And would never put any money on him loving us longtime. But as Dick Knight used to say, as long as a a manager leaves the club in a better state than when he arrived, that's all he asks. DK maintained there was always a long list of 'name' managers queueing up to take the place of the outgoing manager. It could be argued that if he's got Elphick and El-Abd at least trying to play the ball on the ground, then Poyet's already left the club in a better state than it was before.

Lets not flatter poyet at his first managerial roll and he actually hasn't acheived anything yet.I can't understand why so many shite their pants in the fact gus may leave.:lolol:

Christ thats football and most important is that lovely shiney stadium:clap:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Lets not flatter poyet at his first managerial roll and he actually hasn't acheived anything yet.I can't understand why so many shite their pants in the fact gus may leave.:lolol:

Christ thats football and most important is that lovely shiney stadium:clap:

I agree, lets face this bombshell when the man has achieved.........Gus is no fool (nor is Bloom ),whatever contract is signed is only about compensation,to either party........Don't expect loyaltyaty,from Gus or the players ....its us the fans that are loyal !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Firstly Gus said on the radio that he virtually pestered Bloom to give him the job so I dont think he will upsticks.

Secondly Im sure there is cash as Bloom said he wants auto promotion and bearing in mind we have Charlton, Leeds, Stains, Hudds, plus possibly Millwall, Sheff Weds etc Im sure there is "money".

Thirdly re Crofts well why stand in his way/ His head would have been turned with a bigger club (at the moment) showing interest so it was right to sell.

Fourthly I believe Paynter is out of contract at Swindon so I believe what Gus was saying is that if Swindon do not go up then other teams will snap him up - probably a champ club and if Swindon did go up then they could pay him more to stay.

Finally if and its a big if Gus did go then the only replacement I would like to see is Danny Wilson.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Firstly Gus said on the radio that he virtually pestered Bloom to give him the job so I dont think he will upsticks.

Secondly Im sure there is cash as Bloom said he wants auto promotion and bearing in mind we have Charlton, Leeds, Stains, Hudds, plus possibly Millwall, Sheff Weds etc Im sure there is "money".

Thirdly re Crofts well why stand in his way/ His head would have been turned with a bigger club (at the moment) showing interest so it was right to sell.

Fourthly I believe Paynter is out of contract at Swindon so I believe what Gus was saying is that if Swindon do not go up then other teams will snap him up - probably a champ club and if Swindon did go up then they could pay him more to stay.

Finally if and its a big if Gus did go then the only replacement I would like to see is Danny Wilson.

I do believe that Leeds went up!!!! Thank God!!

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
As Owen Coyle once said, "In football if you do well, you move on. If you don't do well, you move on".

Why do people think loyalty means anything in football? It's all about yourself. I don't know about you but if I was offered more money to work for a bigger company I'd leave in a flash. Would I show loyalty to my boss that gave me my job? Ha!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As Owen Coyle once said, "In football if you do well, you move on. If you don't do well, you move on".

Why do people think loyalty means anything in football? It's all about yourself. I don't know about you but if I was offered more money to work for a bigger company I'd leave in a flash. Would I show loyalty to my boss that gave me my job? Ha!

If you don't enjoy the field you're working in, if you're just in it for the money, then fair enough I suppose. But either way, there's a lot to be said for finishing the job you're working on first. If you don't, you're just a bit of an ass. Which Coyle for one appears to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here